What's your favorite game genre?

Amiibro

Ph.D Gamer
RPG, Party, Platformer, Shooter, Action, Maze, Ball and paddle, Fighting, Pinball, Adventure, Stealth, Survival horror, Tower defense, JRPG, Sandbox, Racing, Sports, Casual, Music, Art, And lots more..... Uhhh I would say mine would be, Platformer, Action and probably Fighting. There's more i'm just feeling too lazy to list off my favorites. Anyways what are yours?

I'm a platformer guy personally, Mario/DK/Wario/Yoshi, Sonic, Rayman and Mega Man are my favorite videogame franchises after all.

Other than that I do love myself a good puzzle game, wheter it's in a more traditional way ala' Tetris, Puyo Puyo, Wario's Woods or Dr.Mario or as part of a plattformer/Adventure experience ala' Wario Land (doubles as a favorite plattformer of mine) or Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

FPS
It's the only enjoyable combat system in 3D IMO

Sandbox
So I can kill anyone and everyone

Platformer
They're just fun I guess

I guess Id say JRPG, but honestly I really just like any game that has a good story, and characters I can really get into : p

Gameplay is important too, but its not like a certain type of gameplay has to be there for me to like a game. I like anything from difficult strategy turn based battles to real time hack and slash battles to run forward and jump on baddies head battles, if the game itself is really great and has great characters : p Im not actually picky about that tbh : p

Mine would be Action Adventure games, but specifically ones that are more cerebral than action-oriented/button-mashy. Stuff like Zelda, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, or Portal.

I also really like platformers, but they don't enthrall me as much as they did when I was a kid. Turnbased RPGs are cool once in a while too.

Platformers are my favourite. Mario, Wario Land and Donkey Kong Country have a lot to do with that.

That said, I also like Action Adventure games (looks at the Zelda series) and RPGs.

Platformers are my favourite. Mario, Wario Land and Donkey Kong Country have a lot to do with that.

That said, I also like Action Adventure games (looks at the Zelda series) and RPGs.

Have you ever posted about games you like before? Id like to know which games you like : p

I say that because of all the people here, you kinda feel like the biggest Wario fan, haha : p

Btw yesterday I was actually thinking about platformers, and I had a thought. It would be way cool to mix the platforming genre with the deep storyline of a JRPG. Like, have a character with a serious goal, whos chasing after a villain, and meets many friends along the way. But the whole game is running through obstacles and other general platformer stuff : p Does anything like that exist? : p

Btw yesterday I was actually thinking about platformers, and I had a thought. It would be way cool to mix the platforming genre with the deep storyline of a JRPG. Like, have a character with a serious goal, whos chasing after a villain, and meets many friends along the way. But the whole game is running through obstacles and other general platformer stuff : p Does anything like that exist? : p

Super Paper Mario is kinda like that though it's not too serious. It's one of my favorite Wii games so please play it it's awesome.

I like that idea too. Wario: Master of Disguise is sorta like that. There are cutscenes and lots of dialogue, multiple villains who work independently of each other and stuff.

Back