What's your "someone's done it better than you" moment ?

NacklesK

Putting the DZ back in Diamond Zity
Diamond City Insider
Personally, I have two stories that I'd like to share.

First, I wanted to play a new game of Sonic Generations without erasing my old save but the game only had one save slot so just copied my old save. Then I had an idea. What if I made a my own program to do it. Plus, it'd be a good way to test my coding skills since I'm kind of beginner. So I worked on it, finished it and whan I was about to release it I realized that someone released one with GUI just before me. The program ended up being canceled because my game installation got corrupted (I don't know if that was because of program or not) and even creating a new save file crashed my game. After re-installing the game, I forgot about it. (Windows says I last edited it in January 2023)
Also, for clarification the program does change save properly.

Here's a screenshot of my program :

Screenshot 2024-09-17 131551.png

The second was in February of the same year, I made I realized that most games had a one-click mod installer and Sonic 3 A.I.R didn't. So same stroy, I made an auto mod installer. And I actually released it. Here's the link if you wanna see it (Also yes, the thumbnail is lazy, don't worry about it). A while after A.I.R Drop released and... well mine is even more useless than it used to be.

I'm not mad by the way. The main goal with those programs was to test my Pyhton (both porgrams were written in Python as it was the only language I knew at the time) and if anything I'm almost gald that my became obselete seeing how basic they wete but I just think it was a funny that it happened twice in two consecutive months and I wanted to share it.

Also I'm planning to make a 3DS application that is as basic as those ones so... do with that information what you will. But eh, I like making basic porgrams for annoying tasks that take 30 seconds to do. It helps test my skills.

Last edited:
Back