When do you think we'll see a new Mario RPG?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Whether its in the Paper Mario series or the Mario & Luigi series?

I've heard talk that the former is returning soon, perhaps in a 2020 Nintendo DIrect. And unfortunately, with AlphaDream being shut down, the latter's future is now uncertain.

But what do you think? Is either coming back soon? Or is it possible a new kind of Mario RPG might be announced?

I think a new M&L is entirely contingent on wheter a team of AlphaDream alumns start a new studio (or already have started) to continue the games

Like, it was a succesful series, but not so successful they have to get on a new one immediatly right now, and one whose appeal has so much to do with the developer's style and sense of humour that outsourcing to another dev probably wouldn't work

Well, the games prior to Paper Jam sold pretty damn well, definitely on par with Nintendo's B/C tier franchises. And I definitely think another dev could capture the feel of those games... I mean, Ubisoft did a cracking job with the humour in Mario + Rabbids, and quite a few Paper Mario succesors have captured the feel of that series too.

Back