Why didn't we get WarioWare Twisted in Europe again?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
I heard it was because of Mercury be used in the gyro sensor, but come on, it hasn't applied to a bunch of other games Nintendo has released with similar gameplay gimmicks. How can we get Yoshi's Topsy Turvy (a terrible game), but not this one?

And do you think we'll ever see it rereleased on 3DS Virtual Console, making use of the console's built in gyro sensor instead?

(@ thread title: erm, you guys did : p)

I read a TV Trope entry that states, that it can't be because of the mercury, since Twisted! uses a different type of sensor:

Twisted! never reached European shores. The reason for this was never explained, but it certainly wasn't to do with the illegality of mercury tilt switches in the EU — Twisted! uses a piezoelectric gyroscope instead.

-though I don't own the game and I can't find any source that corroborates what type of sensor it uses.

My uneducated guess is that the sensor caused safety testing delayed release anyway, and by the time it was done, NOE thought the DS was too well-established to justify bringing over an "old" game. It's the reason the first Rythm Heaven wasn't localized.

Is the title a typo? Because WW: Touched was a DS game. I assume you mean WW:Twisted, which I myself have never played, but have heard it was pretty fun. I wouldn't imagine Nintendo being dumb enough to use Mercury in a game aimed to such a young market. Though it is entirely possible, I suppose.

As far as the virtual console goes, I'd love to think Nintendo will utilize every feature the original GBA had in it's ports for the 3DS and WiiU but wouldn't they have done this by now? I really hope they do utilize the feature in the future.

Yeah, title was a mistake. Edited.

Also, I find the localisation not worth it argument a bit weird to be honest. What about Pokemon? The 3DS was established when both Black and White and its sequel came out. Guess they get 'privileges' no other franchise gets.

There's quite a gap in popularity between Pokémon and WarioWare, though, and it's not like Black & White 2 was released after X and Y or something.

Yeah. It was really unfortuante...
Luckily I got my hands on a copy which still gets me some use out of my GBA SP. ^^
It's a really good game! The gyro controls work very well!
And it still has the charm that the original had. A charm that I don't quite feel when playing Touched, Smooth Moves or others.

Back