Why was Wario exactly in Super Mario 64 DS?

JoeKarta

Bucket Head
Not that i hate it (he was one of the best characters!) but why was he exactly in Mario 64 DS? Miyamoto hates him so why did he put him in there?* Answer and your thoughts?

*Im not sure if he hates him but he hates it when a character that he didn't came up with becomes playable in one of his game. He hated the inclusion of Rosalina in 3D World and he says that Daisy and Wario dont fit in the Mario Universe/Mushroom Kingdom.

Last edited:
The game was originally supposed to have 4-players co-op and I guess the developers thought it was better to have actual characters rather than Mario recolours. The coop was scrapped but they kept the different characters anyway.

The game was originally supposed to have 4-players co-op and I guess the developers thought it was better to have actual characters rather than Mario recolours. The coop was scrapped but they kept the different characters anyway.
There is a Coöp. version via download play... And thanks for answering! But why did they choose Wario?

Last edited:
I guess they didn`t mind him so much here, because of the remake aspect, kinda like they don`t mind the Mario vs DK series because Arcade revival and stuff. Atleast thats what I think becauseif they can`t put Wario in New Super Mario Bros 2, then I don`t see them adding him in any new Mario Maingames.
OT: I hate to go off topic on my first post here but HI I`m new to forums and I don`t know how to make a new Thread, can someone please enlighten me?

Back