Why would they make another Sticker Star?

I mean, I'll always like the classic, artistically-inspired Mario games. Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, SMG, Sunshine, etc. Those are incredible. Sunshine is my favorite of all the Mario games, and in many ways it was the riskiest of all the Mario titles just because of how bizarre and different it was from the rest of the series. But these days Nintendo is clearly terrified to make a Mario game that breaks the mold in any way. I'm not a fan of modern Mario at all. These days Mario Kart feels like the triple-A Mario titles and the platformers themselves feel like the spinoffs...

And I don't mind the Zelda remakes at all. As for the recent games, SS, PH, and ST sucked but I feel like the series rebounded with ALBW. And ZeldaU looks promising too.

I wonder if sales have more to do with the console these games are on than the actual games, given the sales of Wii and 3DS consoles in relation to each console's entry.

I've watched many Mario Party 9 videos to be honest. Trying to wrap my head around why they thought it was a good idea but

ANYWAY I GOT WILD GUESSES HERE

2.- There can only be one.
Two Mario RPGs would be too redundant, so Paper Mario lending itself to meta jokes was more viable to change. They took the series in a completely different direction and made a clear distinction between the Main Mario and Paper Mario. They're two separate characters now. They made it the 'lighter' game both in story n gameplay to match the storybook visual style.
What's the point of playing an RPG with no grand story? would you play Final Fantasy if it were only about capturing Chocobos, fighting Sephiroth 100 times and getting back Tifa Lockhart from his clutches?

Why can't we get Mario games with all new creativity anymore?

Apparently from what I heard "purists" hated Sunshine for being too different from what I heard, and if that's true it may be why we are getting the rehashed NSMB formula. :(

Back