Would you want a Wario Land Maker game?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
At some point in future, given how successful Super Mario Maker 1 and 2 have been?

Personally, while I'd obviously want them to make a new Wario Land game title first, the idea of a level editor for the series in that style would be a great one to see after that, and may inspire some interesting fan made designs and ideas.

So yeah, what do you think? Would you want a Wario Land Maker title at some point?

Wario Land Maker would be an awesome idea if it's done in a good way, but there's one thing that would likely cause difficulties: the Wario Land games have much less standard objects, enemies and other elements that appear consistently throughout the series than the SMB games have.

Wario Land Maker would be an awesome idea if it's done in a good way, but there's one thing that would likely cause difficulties: the Wario Land games have much less standard objects, enemies and other elements that appear consistently throughout the series than the SMB games have.

True, though I think you could switch out at least the status effect enemies pretty easily. I mean, every Wario Land game from 2 to 4 has at least one enemy that can set Wario on fire, squash him, make him fat, zombify him, freeze him, etc. And most of them act roughly the same way as each other.

These guys all set him for fire for instance, and all mostly act similar to each other:

Cigarrat_WL.gif

Fire_robota.png

WalkingTorch_Wario_Land_4.png

That's certainly true, but I still think a Wario Land Maker level would be inherently different from a Super Mario Maker level because of just this. Different enemies that all have the same effect. At least it makes it easier to create a level in the style of a single game.

Back