A leak has been posted - includes Wario Land 4 stuff!

Weario

Fangame Maker
I saw this on the Nintendo Reddit today. Here is the Twitter post:

There's Wario Land 4 stuff in there. I've had a look into it, but the files are all in a strange format. Let's see if anyone here can try anything!

Last edited:
My question is, is that where are these leaks coming from exactly? Are people just finding stuff they never had before in games?

As far as I know, it comes from someone who got the information through questionable means, not an ex employee. Of course, it's unlikely said person will ever get hired in the industry afterwards, since they'd be a security risk either way.

Regardless, it seems like the leak may be about to make our soundtrack recreation project obsolete:

All the files in that leak pack are in cvs (some version control system) format, there is also a git version of them uploaded by someone else who extracted and repacked the data, i am working on the files to understand the game engine more which helps making the WL4Editor better.

Since the data looks like iQue dev files, so we cannot find code file for everything(Nintendo didn't directly give iQue company the source code but compiled most of them, only left the code which iQue need to translate all the materials into Chinese version). And the most interesting thing is that they have debug symbols in the compiled code file which makes it much easier to reverse engeneering most of the compiled o file.

Oh, another things i think people here will be interested is that, they use assembly and C code (compiled by gnu tool) to develop all those games.

I heard people said those leaks are made by someone arrested in Jan this year, so perhaps it is not something leaked by the iQue company.

Last edited:
Did anyone have any luck in putting this together? I'm a rookie, tried to assemble in Visual Studio to no avail. I would mainly just like to load individual objects through an emulator since the file names could be used to replace conjectural names on MarioWiki.

Back