Advance Wars Series

Captain$yrup

Wario Fan Supreme
Hey there, guys. Anyone else love the Advance Wars series of games? Personally, the first two for the GBA are incredible. DS relied to heavily on CO powers, and Days of Ruin took the series into too dark a place for my liking; I prefer the lighter, cartoony feel of the earlier games. Anyway, what do you guys think of this great series? Would you like it to return?
advancewars.png

Uhhh, I cant say I love it, as my experiences with the franchise is pretty limited. But I had a friend in high school that liked to play the game on DS with me, that was alot of fun. I really liked playing it too, even though I usually lost the game : p And I did actually have Days of Ruin too, and I did like it, even though many people didnt. I didnt like the character design so much, but the world was kinda neat, and I loved the rocking soundtrack, haha.

Also, I did really like Battalion Wars. I had both the Gamecube and Wii games, and I really enjoyed them. I would recommend them to any AW fan, if they havent tried them already : p

I really liked how tuned down it was as a strategy game. Turn based is always fun, and having to capture the enemys buildings was nice, over having to actually crush every single unit and structure your opponent built. I also enjoyed fighting it out to take cities in order to raise your resources. Some strategy games are too in depth and have a way too massive learning curve for me, so I really appreciate these toned down strategy games. It was definitely fun.

Back