An interesting Game & Wario review I just read...

I will say time and time again that I enjoy Game & Wario, but even I can't deny that there is a lot of truth in what was said in the review, particulary the point of tilt controls being nothing interesting or new in todays world, the comparisons to Smooth Moves and how that game excelled at showing what the Wiimote could do and the especially the irony of the best game of the package being the one that simply tries to resemble the old style of WarioWare (if nothing else the almost unanimous praise that Gamer has recieved at least gives me confidence that there is still an audience for a new ''traditional'' WarioWare title).

Edit: Removed parts of my original post as it was filled with toxic and unnecesarily angry content I'm not proud of.

I agree with her criticisms and overal accessment of the game. It's kinda telling the toys make better use of the Gamepad than most of the actual minigames do.

Last edited:
I think that the main appeal behind Gamer was that you're playing two games at the same time, a concept we'll never see again with the GamePad.

That said, she's not wrong at all. Most of what Game & Wario had to offer didn't click and barely had any replay value to boot. I too had much more fun with the toys/prizes than the actual games.

Back