Anyone else notice that Wario's alter egos are essentially like Land's transformations?

warelander

Some random guy online
They are very similar at the very least, in the Land games either getting hit by certain attacks or specific other circumstances would cause Wario to transform into a different form of himself and his Ware alter egos are similar in that regard:

-Twisted has Wario turn into Wario Man, after landing in Crygor's machine.

-Touched has Wario turn into Wario Man after eating a nasty garlic (similar to how he turns into Fat Wario).

-In Smooth Moves he turns into Tiny Wario (who is already from the Land games), because of the bike he got from Penny.

(Captain Wario is an exeption, because it's just Wario dressing up like a pirate)

There are even things that change about him (similar to the transformations), Tiny Wario has him split himself into many different Tiny Warios and while Wario Man's abilitys aren't very defined, he been shown to do some notable things, like being able to fly (as seen in his Twisted highscore screen and his DIY Showcase intro).

So does anyone else see this as being at least similar (or even the same thing) to Wario's iconic transformation ability or am I reading too much into this?

Its indeed very interesting if you consider that Wario´s transformations are not only limited to the Land games.

But the relation between the action-reaction is less clear in WarioWare.
For example: In Land, if Wario eats certain food he turns into fat, which is mostly related with eating too much food. But eating rotten garlic is in no way related with having superpowers, if you know what I mean.

I get what you mean, the forms and powers that Wario get's in the Land games are all related to the means he used to transform, like getting flattened turning him into Flat Wario and so on, while in Ware the means of transformation don't relate at all to the forms and powers Wario gains.

That is actually a really good thing to point out.

Back