Anyone here remember Lemmy's Land?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Well, I know I did. It was a pretty interesting old Mario fansite from the 90s or so, which had a bunch of fan fiction and stuff about the characters and universe.

http://lemmykoopa.com

I used to visit it a bit (and have it as an affiliate) back when I was first running websites.

Unfortunately, it seems like the person running it has gone missing from the internet since about 2012, and hasn't been seen since. Which depresses me really. I mean, we've already seen the old Mario and Wario fandoms go more and downhill (with Waluigious, Kitchen Island and SMB HQ closing), and now we've lost Lemmy's Land as well? That sucks.

But yeah, anyone else remember the site?

As someone who has no nostalgia on it, I find it eminently laughable : p. The one kind thing I can say about it is that it did lead to an amusing exchange on the mariowiki irc:

<Shoutmon>: apparently one of the lemmys land authors who i really liked is now a bum on the streets of hollywood
<Shoutmon>: made me think of colonel kr
<Shoutmon>: maybe theyll meet up someday and form a mario bum tribe
<Shoutmon>: do bums form tribes
<Glowsquid>: apparently one of the lemmys land authors who i really liked is now a bum on the streets of hollywood <--- fanfiction: not even once
<Shoutmon>: yeah the prevailing theory is that he let it go to his head that he was really popular among prepubescent mario nerds
<Shoutmon>: and then forgot the "among prepubescent mario nerds" part

I have no memories of it, sadly. In fact, I don't think I heard of it until I joined this forum.

Looking at the site, though, it does provide an interesting look at what the internet was like in the days of dial-up. Kinda makes me think of the Space Jam website. Yes, it's still up.

Last edited:
What's Lemmy's Land?

Anyway, I remember an article about Wario's assistant, Right Hand and Advisor Crababble. I thought he actually existed until I found out it was a fanfic.

Now, fanfics are all about anime or My Little Pony.

Back