Can anyone from Smash brothers roster defeat Saitama?

The Anime is ending on the 21st, he's about to go up against one of the strongest beings in the OPM universe, we'll see how that turns out. Yet the manga is on-going right now and we might get a Session 2 for one punch man that shows even better feats of his.

I bet it will get a second season, it's the most popular new fall anime this year. A way less popular, way simpler fall anime I watch is getting a second season so OPM will get one too that's almost guaranteed.

I noticed it was, it's getting a lot of hype ever since the Anime came out, I thought it looked stupid so didn't watch, but when Ewnetwork did a reaction video I thought if he's watching it it might be worth watching.

So after I did I was already hooked on the first episode, even my sister's into it and she only likes high school type animes, never action like this. Now whenever new episodes came out we'd hook the laptop to the flatscreen in the living room and watched it with some snacks, we're about to watch the last episode on the 21st and we're gonna watch the OVA sometime this week.

I also asked for the Manga of one punch-man for Christmas. I'm not sure what or why I like it, but I do. Never thought a very overpowered character would be fun to watch.

Saitama breaks invincible people for breakfast.

Invincible means, in a literal sense, that they can't be defeated. So, by definition, these foes were not invincible. Just so strong that it seemed that way. That said, it's also quite likely that many purportedly invincible Nintendo characters simply haven't had to endure something strong enough to overcome them yet, so it's still a bit of a toss-up. Unless you decide to account for the fact that video games are coded to always act in certain ways, and when they're in such a state they're hard-coded to be completely incapable of being harmed. Not sure if we're considering that factor or not, considering that we're talking about the canon, which isn't always directly related to gameplay.

No, those villains were literally invincible, no other hero could put a scratch, no matter how powerful the heroes were, like I said. Saitama broke the limit GOD put on him, making him above every character. He breaks the very laws of reality.

And let's say if he could not beat a lot of these "invincible" powered characters those Nintendo characters get don't last too long, Saitama could easily wait for it to time up, being invincible doesn't mean being able to kill everything so easy, you actually gotta land a hit. Saitama can keep up with the speed o sonic, so that's something.

It's not impossible to dodge the attacks of these invincible characters, so I'd give Saitama a good go. I don't think those power-ups give them light speed. Same reason why Sonic won over Mario, because his star didn't last too long.

1450242781037.jpg

This inescapable power-up of Ashleys might send Saitama flying.

If he could beat them, then by definition, they were not invincible. They were just too strong for anyone else to beat them. Anyway, it sounds like he's far too strong to beat for any video game character, because if a video game character were infinitely strong, fast, and durable, there would be no game. It would be over as soon as it begins, with no real gameplay or any other way for it to end besides success.

If he could beat them, then by definition, they were not invincible. They were just too strong for anyone else to beat them. Anyway, it sounds like he's far too strong to beat for any video game character, because if a video game character were infinitely strong, fast, and durable, there would be no game. It would be over as soon as it begins, with no real gameplay or any other way for it to end besides success.
Yeah, any sort of character with that kind of power would either probably not be involved in the main storyline of the game or would not use the full extent of their powers.

Basically, yeah. In order for there to be a game, such a character can't be involved in its events unless they're not trying. It's a medium that's more limited in the potential of its characters simply due to its nature. Nintendo doesn't exactly have a Galactus of its own.

Most of those gods aren't actually much more than superpowered beings themselves. Closest thing to an omnipotent god being killed in video games that I can think of is Chakravartin in Asura's Wrath, and let's be honest, that game's basically an anime with button presses.

I guess also Zanza in Xenoblade, but he's basically being killed by another god, so that's kind of a given.

Last edited:
Back