Cap's Comics, Art and Giggles!

Don't know the exact definition of science, but I think the term ''science'' can apply to any system that tries to gather and evaluate knowledge.
As a personal rule of thumb, I consider any -logy, -nomy or -istics a science, as long as it is actual science, not peudoscience like astrology. (Not to be confused with astronomy.) And yes, in this sense language can be the subject of a science too: Linguistics, the study of language, and semantics, the study of the meaning of words.

Ironically enough, the definition of science has been discussed by philosophy for a long time.
Yes I know about Linguistics but I mean Language in itself removed from human context and simply existing as a structured form of communication.

Normally the way things can be classified as science is if the scientific method can be applied to them. That is, can you create theories and empirically(very important) test them and perhaps also make new discoveries? Don't really see that be applied to philosophy.

Yes I know about Linguistics but I mean Language in itself removed from human context and simply existing as a structured form of communication.

Normally the way things can be classified as science is if the scientific method can be applied to them. That is, can you create theories and empirically(very important) test them and perhaps also make new discoveries? Don't really see that be applied to philosophy.

In that sense, philosophy is indeed not a science. Maybe, and that's just me being philosophical, science and philosophy are each other's opposites: in science, one seeks knowledge by observation and experimentation, and tries to find practical applications of such knowledge in the form of technology.
In philosophy, while one can perform thought experiments, knowledge and new insights are generally acquired by means of reasoning, as opposed to practical research and discoveries.

In short; science tries to gather new knowledge by experimenting and doing research, while in philosophy it is done by reasoning. Philosophy literally means ''love of wisdom'' after all.

But mind you, this is just how I consider it to be.

Multiple realities, ooh, scary!
(Oh great, I've given JaWF and Metal more food for thought!)
Untitled.png

Time to remind people my thread exists post more stuff!
First, my artist's impression of Piracy!

And a comic!
I've split it into photos of four frames each. The arrows show which frame to go to. If no arrows point to a frame, it's a new page, and you should start there.
IMG_20190805_145645_hdr.jpg

You probably should zoom in to see the text.

Chiptunes, chiptunes, have some chiptunes!
Made in Beepbox, don't you know!
I'm feeling oddly cheerful!
(The audio converter is in the filename because WarioForums doesn't support .wav files - not on the free plan, anyway - so I used a file converter)

Attachments

• Chiptune thang (online-audio-converter.com).mp3
    2 MB · Views: 324
  • Wobbly song (online-audio-converter.com).mp3
    2 MB · Views: 334
Chiptunes, chiptunes, have some chiptunes!
Made in Beepbox, don't you know!
I'm feeling oddly cheerful!
(The audio converter is in the filename because WarioForums doesn't support .wav files - not on the free plan, anyway - so I used a file converter)

FYI, that ''wobbly'' sound is called an arpeggio.

Before I forget, I made this tune:
Yeah, this.
Messing around with the instrument dynamics (check out my fancy music terms!) made this end up feeling quite relaxing...

EDIT- It also feels nice slowed down:
Uh huh!
that slowed version's pretty neat. BeepBox is pretty fuckin' weird to look at though. I tried to write what I was hearing into FL, like I do with a lot of neat tunes, but for the life of me that harmonics system or w/e they've got for that water level-ass percussive organ-type sound does not make any sense, unless the higher-pitched sound heard for the higher notes becomes audible once you get it to lower octaves (and as a side effect, the lower sound then becomes inaudible).

that slowed version's pretty neat. BeepBox is pretty fuckin' weird to look at though. I tried to write what I was hearing into FL, like I do with a lot of neat tunes, but for the life of me that harmonics system or w/e they've got for that water level-ass percussive organ-type sound does not make any sense, unless the higher-pitched sound heard for the higher notes becomes audible once you get it to lower octaves (and as a side effect, the lower sound then becomes inaudible).
I custom-tuned those instruments in settings, it could be hard to replicate...

@tahutoa, I've included a MIDI of the slow version of that song since you said you wanted to play with it in FL Studio.

Here's a commission I did for @Tiger21820 on the 3ds Central (WHICH YOU SHOULD ALL JOIN).

Attachments

• That nice song by CaptainDrewBoy.mid
    5.6 KB · Views: 403
Back