Crossover with best Wario representation?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Not counting Dr Mario 64 (cause it'd be too obvious), what crossover game has the best Wario representation in it and why?

Mario Party 10's Wario board is pretty great it's got a little bit of everything. Smash doesn't do a bad job on the Warioware front but I don;t think it should be counted because of the abysmal treatment of Land.

I'd say Mario Party 2 giving Wario the Dueling Glove as his signature item demonstrated a pretty cool portrayal of the character. Though I agree with AwesomeCauliflower68 on MP10's Amiibo board showing the best understanding of everything Wario's about, not just some of it, and that was actually really cool.

I'll say Mario Kart 7 because he has a very well designed course that overflows with Wario. It's one of my favorites in the whole game next to DK Jungle and the Gold Kart is so fitting for Wario.

I really need to give a lot of credit to Game & Watch Gallery 2-4 and the Picross games that Wario appeared in.

The G&W gallery games, outside of giving Wario some pretty decent appearences, also had the Shoulder Charge, the Bulldog and a Wanderin' Goom in 2. The Land 2 Seagulls in 3, which also came back in 4, along with Hen being brought into the mix (there is even a suptle nod to Wario's adoration for her).

Mario's Picross gave Wario his Land 1/VB Wario Land Hard Hat back, Mario's Super Picross had a full series of puzzles dedicated to all of Wario's Land 1 forms and Picross NP Volume 7 was an outright Wario themed edition, putting Wario on the title screen and featuring a full series of puzzles based on Land 2, which also includes the only non-Wario Land series appearence of Captain Syrup to date.

Nobody really talks about these series', they aren't the grandest games in the world and overall they are really overlooked, which is quite a shame, because within the scope of their series' they did go out of their way to give us some really cool Wario stuff, that deserves to be aknowledged.

Last edited:
Back