Does anyone else despare the lack of any regular supporting cast in the Wario plattformers?

warelander

Some random guy online
I certainly do, all we ever really got where Captain Syrup in half of the Land games and a few bosses from Land 1 & 2 appearing in two games max, after that nothing, even Rudy who is generally considert to be the most noteworthy non-Syrup villain really only got there because of him reappearing in Dr.Mario 64 and Fortune Street mentioning him. As far as the Wario series itself is concerned he is still a one-shot...

I would love to see the likes of Shokora, Rudy, thr Golden Diva, Bobo or the Master Of Disguise cast getting some action again, it's always disappointing when you grow to like a character and they never get to appear again, heck, I would like it if the Ware crew or Waluigi became his plattformer supporting cast, just give someone other than Wario himself, who I can look forward to see in a new Wario plattformer (whenver we get a new one).

Last edited:
I agree. It's one of the reasons I suspect the Wario fanbase has struggled over the years, especially before WarioWare was released in 2003 or so.

People like to see some sort of attachment to their favourite characters, not just a blank slate that's reset over and over again. It's also why I worry for Retro's Donkey Kong Country games. They're getting better, but they're just a bit too... inconsistent. With the SNES games, you had a recurring cast of both heroes and villains, despite plenty of new ideas, settings, characters and enemies. In the new ones, you have a couple of returning characters and that's about it...

Yes. Characters are one of the most important parts of me liking a series, that's why I love warioware and donkey kong country so much. Wario land does need a consistent cast. Wario as the hero, Syurup as the villain, shokora as the damsel wario doesn't care about and maybe captain cannoli or whatever his name is from master of disguise to be a rival

Pretty much. If the series is ever revisited, it would be great if the team made an effort to establish a set of distinctive enemies that could be used and built upon in future titles. We already have our (anti-)hero and main villain, but it would be great to have a more established pool of general but memorable baddies.

Aside from that, I would love to see Waluigi make an appearance or have a supporting role. The cast from WarioWare would be more than welcome. The weirder the better to me.

WLPirategoom.png

WL2_E_PirateGoom.PNG

Spearhead.png

SpearMashWarioLand4.png

120px-RedBandinero.png

Also, obvious clickbait title.

Back