Does anyone else kind of despair at the lack of Wario related info online?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
And by online, I mean literally anywhere?

Because from what I can see on various sites, there's pretty much no good source for any info about many of the games. Mario Wiki? Lacks huge amounts of pages relating to the WarioWare series, Wario World, Wario Master of Disguise and Virtual Boy Wario Land.

Spriters Resource and Mario Fan Games Galaxy? Bit better, but come on, it's not that hard to go and rip tilesets from games like Wario Land 4. Why has no one seemingly even attempted this yet?

And I'm sure there are other examples too. So what do you think? Are you a bit depressed by the lack of Wario related info and resources online?

It's probably down to the lack of fanfare surrounding the series. The games are rarely advertised and are often just sort of released into the wild. As such, beyond the the more hardcore Wario fan segment, no one really cares or has been told they should care by Nintendo.

Problem is though (and I said this before these forums launched), quite a few far less popular series seem to have a far more dedicated online presence. What draws the hardcore 'nerd' audience to those franchises and not this one? What makes someone decide that some other obscure Nintendo series (like say, Fire Emblem or Earthbound or whatever) deserves more attention than Wario or Star Fox or F-Zero?

Tell me about it. 'Till I went on a correction spree this year, literally *every* page about the -Land and -Ware games credited EAD instead of the actual developers.

Yeah, I know. Not as bad as the Wario Master of Disguise, Wario Land VB and Wario Land Shake It situations though, the information on them lacks whole enemies, bosses, levels and items among other stuff.

I'd make some of the pages myself (and I did for the underwater defence wall mini boss), but I haven't played Master of Disguise or Virtual Boy Wario Land, and I can't be the only one making pages for things like half the underwater enemies in Shake It.

Yeah, I noticed that Mario Wiki wrongly credited EAD. Quite amusing.

This is a tough question to answer, cause it's all about taste. Certain games just have that ability to draw people's attention, and I don't think that Wario Land is one of those games. It's a fairly straightforward series. I think that Nintendo not promoting Wario as much as other games probably has something to do with it. Wario Land 4 released with minimal fan fare. :/

It was funny seeing the reactions to my book on Wario Land 4. Randoms were like "yeah, of course, Wario Land 4 has fantastic game design". When it seems like they actually had no prior appreciation for the games.

Back