Does anyone still want Mighty No. 9

How does everyone feel about Mighty No. 9 as a soul successor?

• Total voters
I feel like I'm forced to get it, so I'll definitely play it. But I want my five bucks back more.

But I doubt I'll get it. I'll get the game, but you better bet that they need to admit to their mistakes and step up their game if they expect even a chance of a future.

But for now, it seems Inafune's well on his way to make us his bitch.

I feel like I'm forced to get it, so I'll definitely play it. But I want my five bucks back more.

But I doubt I'll get it. I'll get the game, but you better bet that they need to admit to their mistakes and step up their game if they expect even a chance of a future.

Here is some gameplay just before you make your decision to actually buy this, as CM30 said above it really isn't worth it. It's mostly mediocre and it looks so lifeless.
The controls also seem wonky, as how you need to dash and create certain combos when defeating enemies one mistake means you'd have to combo all over again.
Kamiya said this before but i'll go ahead and say Inafune is just a business man nothing more.

Welp, I guess we can count Beck out for the award of Mega Man's spirual successor, And instead it shall go to this guy:
latest

This game is the prime reason why John Romero and Adrian Carmack decided NOT to make a Kickstarter for their new FPS before they show any actual gameplay. "A delayed game is eventually good", Let's see: Duke Nukem Forever was mediocre and Aliens Colonial Marines was total crap... Yeah, That statement is BS imo.

I'm a fan of the classic Mega Man myself, but Mighty No. 9 never caught my interest. It seemed like Inafune was just banking on his namesake to get the game made, and the fact he was already pitching an animated series and other products before the actual game even came out is bad business IMO. It reminds me of the Cheetah Men and Action 52 in a way, except with a more experienced staff.

Because no matter how hard you try to look away, the Internet always shoves a review to your face. So time for spoilers!
Everyone is not liking the game... Welp, so much for that.

Well, now I'm hearing of potentially game breaking bugs...and I'm worried for my console.

On the plus side, I no longer feel forced to get the game. I'll wait until the bargain bin, if that. Maybe they'll have patched it by then.

Is anyone else starting to think that perhaps Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation was actually a blessing in disguise? Because after this whole fiasco, I'm pretty well convinced it was.

The only good thing Mighty No. 9 did was turn into a ridiculous trainwreck that never ceased to amuse me with how hard it failed, in every conceivable way.

might no 9.gif

This was posted back in September for people who got the special demo. I find it very telling that nearly a year after this was released, reviews are saying there is still no lip synching with the voices.

This took four million dollars and nearly 3 years to make. Let that sink in for a moment.

Inafune really ripped people off with this game.

Pledge $10,000
DINNER WITH KEIJI INAFUNE!

Dinner and drinks with the man, the myth, the legend, Keiji Inafune, here in Tokyo. (Travel and lodging expenses are not included.)

Includes all previous non-limited rewards. (Check the reward section of the page for more details.)

ESTIMATED DELIVERY:Feb 2014
SHIPS TO:Anywhere in the world
Limited (5 left of 9) • 4 backers
Four people donated 10k separately.

That's what gets me about this game. I don't think the hype wouldn't have been as bad to deal with if the game was competently made. But Inafune seemed to care more about his image than delivering what he promised.

Now I'm actually quite curious who donated over 10$k and if whoever or whomever actually did get a chance to meet the " legend " Inafune. If so I'm begging them to give Inafune the most awkward dinner he's ever had, just shove cheese in his face or fart just like smash bros wario.

For all we know, that phase may have already come and gone.
You're right. I always laughed about it but didn't find proof it actually happened until now:
Just touched down in Chicago few hours ago , back from my trip to Tokyo. Finally had my 1st one to one meeting with the legend himself ,Megaman's dad , Mister Keiji Inafune. Me and the other three 10k pledgers ( 1 from Newactsle , London ) were told to meet in Sandaya Honten, the super famous steakhouse in Tokyo.

Inafune arrived 7 minutes late but he apologize like a humble akibahara citizen and bowed couple of times, though we dont really mind the timing. He had 2 guys with him and 1 introduced himself as the translator. Dinner was one of the best i've ever had in Japan due to the sheer high quality of those Wagyu Beef. Every meal that night was on Inafune's tab.

He shared with us his vision and the potential of Mighty No.9 and how it's gonna take over platform gaming by storm. He even gave us insights on future Gunvolt sequels. All in all he's a very down to earth kind of guy, softly spoken and good mannerism. Though he messed up few times when he said Mega No.9 few times instead of Mighty. Seems like that capcom toxin still in his system.

After the dinner he showed us some of the recent Mighty No.9 shots and gameplay plus a very rare 10mins long sneak peek of his Dead Rising movie - ZOMBREX. Best of all was the Mighty No.9 T-Shirt we received as a parting gift to end the night, came with a piece of Inafune's drawing and sign. Pure Mighty Orgasm.

To sum it up , the dinner was more than worth the $10k each we pledged and surely an unforgettable experience. I thought i would regret paying that much earlier but boy i was so wrong. Plus, i got to see the newest gameplay of Mighty No.9 which is upper class fantastic, gonna be hell of a GOTY.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y378/machaosi/Dinner.jpg

http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/machaosi/media/t-shirt.jpg.html
"Plus, i got to see the newest gameplay of Mighty No.9 which is upper class fantastic, gonna be hell of a GOTY."

Link

Back