Does Wario feel out of place in Ware for you?

warelander

Some random guy online
Since BooDestroyer brought this up several times in the past I'm wondering does anyone here feel this way.

I don't think he feels out of place at all, in a series where every character brings a different feel and style with their stages (a lot of the time anyway) I honestly don't see how anyone could feel out of place in that kind of game.

It helps that the characters (G&W redesigns nowithstanding) actually look like they belong in the same game as Wario, especially when compared to Diddy Kong in Diddy Kong Racing, who after appearing in three DKC games and three DKL games which have a very distinct style, just feels weird in this overly cutesy world (still a great game thought).

Not at all like you said each charater has their own unique personality thats partially what makes a ware game a ware game. Plus Wario is the main charater in ware how could he feel out of place? (or one of the main charaters)

Yeah thats true but it seems like all the charaters dont really interact with each other that much (unless it is of course two people Kat and Ana, Ashley and Red, Dribble and spitz, 9-volt and 18-volt etc)

But he rarely interacts with the other characters, is one the points I tried to make.

Dumribble? Take it away.

If we are bringing interactions into this then Wario would be one of the most in place characters considering that he and Penny had the most extensive interaction of anyone in the cast.

It's not like the characters interact much anyway, so every character would have to feel out of place by that logic, so why single out Wario?

Why does Wario feel out of place in WarioWare? Disclaimer: this may be influenced by the fact Wario was not created for WarioWare, and is originally a Mario character, which is a series that's very different from our Diamond City games, which is where everyone else originated in.

Alright, the case here is very thin, but as we know, he doesn't seem to care for them. Him dreaming about Mona once was the only instance of Wario being friendly towards someone without any kind of greed involved, that I can recall in any Wairo game ever (and even though it could just him being impressed by her cuteness and not actually liking her personality). But how is being overly greedy out of place in WarioWare? All of the other characters give a vibe of being nice people overall, even Orbulon. That's especially aggravated by the fact he's known everyone for a while (for Jimmy, since childhood), and that they're his friends. That's just the way Wario is, but it is a bit out of place, though that could be just Nintendo's fault for not creating more interactions like the Penny one.

So yeah, he feels a bit out of place, but I'm fine with that, because Wario is awesome. And this can be fixed by Nintendo letting us see Wario show some really slight signs of affection towards them, which would make sense as he's tough and everything.

• Agree
Reactions: Liz
OK if you put it that way than I can understand that stance better.

It is true that Wario feels a bit out of line in this cast of generally nice characters, compared to the plattformers where barring a few exeptions (Shokora,the citizens at the end of Land 3) every character is either straight up evil or moraly ambigious (like Wario himself), thought even then I don't think he feels out of place, a lot of character groups have at least one character who is a bit more of a jerk and even then the rest if the Diamond City crew don't really seem to hold much of an disliking for him, even after the stunt he pulled at the end of the original game.

No, not really. Most characters don't interact to begin with, and to be honest, they all seem like they'd be the protagonist in their own franchises if ones existed, not just Wario.

And I don't think him being a bit mean is out of place here. Oh sure, the only competition among the main cast for 'not nice' are Ashley and Red. But he's also playing the same role in the Mario spinoffs. The somewhat morally ambiguous jerk among mostly nice characters (with Waluigi and Bowser being the other exceptions). But he doesn't feel too out of place there, does he?

Well, kinda but not really a whole lot. Wario is always most portayed and showed off I think, but I think like why call it Wario ware, when the game revolves mainly around the people that work there but not much I think Wario ware balances it out great. ;)

Back