Donkey Kong Returns as a Playable Charatcer in MP10

Who should return in Mario Party 10 as a playable character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not crazy about Spike. I mean, if a enemy mook should be playable it should be one that's iconic. Koopas are iconic, Shy Guys are iconic. Spike is not iconic. They aren't in many games and when they are, they're only in a few levels.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
I'm really sick of generic enemies taking up slots in games like this. Why not Diddy Kong instead of Spike?

If Spike and Hammer Bro were so important, why weren't they playable in Mario Kart? Throwing in enemies to beef up a board game roster isn't very creative. Mario has loads of characters to choose from that aren't enemies. If they really want to reach down into the barrel, why not Toadsworth?

Call me naive, but I'm suprisingly optimistic about them fixing the problems with the car system.
Pretty much everything they have done so far caters to long time fans of the series:

-Donkey Kong and Toadette where the most mourned after cut characters and they brought BOTH back at once!
-Bowser Party not only practicly brings back the Bowser minigames from 4-7, but it also let's you take control of the Koopa King yourself this time around!
-Amiibo Party harkens back to the classic days of the series stars,coins,items and everything!

It could just me beeing too optimistic (because I really,really,REALLY want this to be great) but I wouldn't be shocked if they heard the complaints that arose from Mario Party 9 and are trying to fix them, while still maintaining the new style, three years between 9-10 should have given them enough time to do so.

Amiibo party looks fun, but it still limits you in your choices. You can't choose different paths, which eliminates part of the strategy involved. I do think it will be better than the Wii games though, and I'm looking forward to it

Okay, this is just getting weird. I mean:

Donkey Kong's playable for four games, not playable for six, then playable again?

Bowser Jr appears as playable in one game, then immediately stops being playable?

And the same goes for Hammer Bro, Blooper, Shy Guy, etc?

What is the rationale behind the character choices in this series?

Back