Favorite Consoles

MonaWare

do wa ditty
Diamond City Insider
Soooo, whats your favorite video game consoles? Ive owned many throughout my life, but I really have only truly enjoyed a few of them, and they are not the ones most people like : p And it really not in order to be "different" or whatever : p I actually think its because my favorite consoles are the ones that werent flooded with so many games that I had to dig through piles of mediocre games in order to find anything good : p

Ive owned, or have lived with people that have owned (that I remember)-
NES
SNES
N64
Nintendo Gamecube
Wii
Sega Genesis
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation
PS2
PS3
XBox
XBox360
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance (Both original and SP)
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS
and an old Atari, dunno which one though.

And I didnt have them in chronological order : p Like, the first console we ever owned was an NES, then we got an old Atari, which was our only console for some time : p Then we lost that and got a Genesis. After finally having our own house, my brother managed to get a N64, which was my favorite console ever for the longest time : p We managed to get a Saturn after that, which I liked a ton too, but we lost it (probly my older brother, he always got them and lost them growing up) Then he got a Playstation, but I was not allowed to touch it ever.

Then I found an SNES, and I played a few games for it I liked. Then I got my gamecube, which I loved. Then my little brother got a Dreamcast, and I was jealous of it : p He eventually got an Xbox and never touched his Dreamcast again : / Then I got a Wii and DS around the same time, and the Wii quickly became my new favorite system. And then I got a PS2, and though there were many games for it I wanted to play, till this day the only one I had the chance to play is Tales of the Abyss : p Then I got a PS3 and a Gameboy SP : p

But yeah, my favorite consoles are generally the ones that had only a few games, and werent real popular : p They were easy to shop for, and I had an easy time getting into them : p
My favorite is kinda a 3 way tie. I love the N64, the Gamecube and the Wii.

I loved the N64 because it was like the first system to really grab my attention. I loved other games too, I spent days playing Legend of Kage and Air Fortress for NES : p But I really fell for the N64. I have many memories of it growing up, and its the first console I think about when I think of video games. I thought the first boss battle with King Bobomb on Mario 64 was like the greatest thing ever, and played it over and over, haha : p I thought OoT was the greatest game ever made for years, and to this day I have beaten it more than any other game : p It had the best multiplayer games of all time, and its definitely a top pick for me : p
Its also tied with Dreamcast for me for best console design : p

I loved the Gamecube, but I have to admit, it had like the smallest library of games for me : p I plrobly only really like like 10 games for it : p But the games I liked on the console were way awesome. I got the console for like one or two games, one of them being Tales of Symphonia, and after getting into the game I became totally absorbed into it : p I even had another full playthrough right after beating it the first time, haha : p And after that I found Skies of Arcadia for it, and totally fell in love with that game too : p I think its the most under appreciated system of all time : p

And the Wii, I had more games for that console that I liked more than any other, and I actually kept up with everything coming out for it : p I really liked the Wii a bunch, everyone says theres nothing on it, but I managed to find a ton of games for it. It has the majority of my favorite games, and it has become my favorite Nintendo console ever. Its definitely a way special console, and when it was first introduced I totally thought it was gonna bomb : p But it ended up being the best console ever : p

I also really liked the original playstation. Though I havent had one of my own, it has some of the most interesting games that I still wanna try to this day. And I loved Segas last two consoles, the Saturn and the Dreamcast. Especially the Dreamcast, I remember watching my little brother play his, and wished I owned one too : p

TL;DR- My favorite console is a tie between the N64, Gamecube and Wii.

What are your favorite consoles?

Last edited:
SNES and Gamecube have the greatest number of games I like for them, but I didn't grow up with the SNES. I played most of my favorite SNES games as remakes during the GBA era. At the time, I didn't realize they were remakes though. So SNES, GBA, and Gamecube are my favorite consoles.

Wii is another really memorable one for me, since I feel like it's the console that's been around the longest during my lifetime. Though, there are actually very few really memorable games for that system imo. The two really big ones for me were Mario Galaxy 1 and Twilight Princess. The OG DS is sorta like that too, had a really long run but not many very many breathtaking games.

Every console I owned

• SNES
  • Gamecube
  • Wii
  • N64
  • Wii u
Handheld's

• DS
  • DS lite
  • DSI
  • DSI XL
  • 3ds
  • 3ds XL
  • NEW 3ds XL
None Nintendo consoles

• Xbox
  • Xbox 360
  • Xbox one
  • PS1
I loved the N64 the most, it has my favorite Mario Party games.

I don't really feel like talking about everything but for reasons known Wii u is my favorite as of right now, probably until the NX is shown. It has online and all that junk, games with online you'll bet I'll come back to play it some more.

The Wii had online play during its time. It had a much bigger library too. What is it that puts the Wii U ahead of it for you?

Smash bros for Wii u. That's what put's it ahead, though the wii was easily hacked, I used to hack the wii all the time back in the day. When I was like 12/13 I'd hack my wii.

I'd hack smash bros brawl and add all sorts of random characters, I even added Ashley back in early 2015.

Mario Kart wii was the best though, I'd hack items online and make people rage, I'd just sit there and have fun bullying the best players, I'd be all like "Wait for the others!" lol

Smash bros brawl online, I could either play as Giga bowser or Wario-man whenever I wanted, it was fun to break up taunt-parties.

My favorite consoles are...

Super NES
Nintendo 64
Playstation 2
Nintendo Gamecube
Wii
Playstation 3

Handhelds...
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS

Honorable mentions include the Xbox 360, Wii U and the Super Retro Trio (if we can include clone consoles; worked with every cart I've tossed at it, anyways).

Ive recently found out that I really like the original Xbox : p

I never had one in the past, and when I was younger, it was just another system getting in the way of Nintendo, so I never looked into it or anything : p Ive had a PS2 before, and even a 360, but never the original Xbox. But its pretty cool, it was before it became another "this years installment" kinda console, like the kind that people buy to play every Call of duty game that can be thrown out as quickly as possible : p So it got alot of neat, unique and creative games for it.

It actually makes me think alot of the N64, I actually kinda see it as like N64 2.0 : p Its pretty neat.

Its not like my new favorite or anything, but I do like it.

I have three main favourites I still tend to seek out stuff for.

The GBA SP I consider the ultimate Nintendo handheld. I love the library of games available for the Game Boy, Color and Advance, and the SP can play all of them, has really lovely snappy buttons and a backlight so you can actually see what the hell you're doing. Pretty much anything I would like to play on the go can be done on this wonderful system. Sadly my Minish Cap SP doesn't work anymore so I'm currently trying to find a replacement one :,c

Nintendo 64 is a console I never had as a kid, getting into it properly about two years ago, but in the little time I've known it I've fallen in love with how good of a local multiplayer system it is. Mario Party 1 - 3 alone would warrant that for me personally in itself, but there's just so much fun you can have with four people and an N64 that it's difficult to sum up with just a few games. The N64 should recieve the coveted title of '#1 Pizza Party Companion'.

My absolute favourite gaming console is the Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis, whatever). Holy shit, man... So many wonderful games. Dynamite Headdy, Streets of Rage, Puggsy, Castle and World of Illusion, Wiz 'n' Liz, Shinobi, Thunder Force, Comix Zone, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, even the superior versions of games like Earthworm Jim and Snow Bros. There's an absolute ton of fantastic games on the system and many of them are hidden gems that make interesting finds. Forget about Sonic and you have yourself an absolutely stunning game library. Genesis does.

We only had a Genesis for a short time growing up, but I do actually kinda think its underrated in a way : p Like I know it cant really be called that seeing that it was one of the best selling consoles the world has ever seen : p But like knowing Segas history, I think alot of people kinda look down on Sega, and they forget how great they were once, and even start to think that like the only game they had was Sonic.

I know we only really had a few games for the Genesis, but I really really liked it a ton when we had it. I enjoyed the console a ton. I remember playing like Double Dragon with my older brother, along with some baseball game, and we would watch him play some Terminator 2 game alot. And I had Aladdin and a Power Rangers fighting game that I totally loved, and some Evander Hollyfield boxing game that I liked playing for some reason : p I really liked the Genesis, and was sad when we lost it.

Also, the short time we had a Sega Saturn, I really liked it, too. Haha : p
(I was never lucky enough to have a Dreamcast, and by the time my little brother got one, we were all much older, and at that age where we didnt really share our games together)

I may be the only person with that opinion about Sega, but I do think theyve kinda been forgotten : p I definitely pick Nintendo before everything else, but I have a soft spot for Sega, too.

Oh, and also, N64 is way awesome. Its great for both multiplayer and single player, it has a ton of great single player games. In fact I think people remember the N64 games moreso today than they do Playstation games : p Like besides FF7 and MGS, you dont really hear about Playstation games anymore : p
(You hear about N64 games all the time, though : p)

Its definitely one of my all time very favorites, haha as a young teen, when we finally got our N64, I became a huge hardcore nerd for the N64 : p I like went through this phase where I said the N64 was the only good gaming console to exist : p

Back