Features you want on Wario Weekly?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Well, any suggestions?

I plan to relaunch it soon, but I'm not sure what kind of cool things to add. Character/game/other stuff databases? Guides? Reviews? General news? Sprites? Music?

What Wario related things do you want on the site, and what other features would be nice as well?

http://warioforums.com/index.php?threads/idea-for-wario-weekly.378/
This is the first thing I would like to see, I know that Wario Weekly already had Wario in Mario Kart/Smash whatever sections but I feel that this could be a cool sub section.

Another thing I would love to see are Character bios!
I already have a few categorys in mind:
-Wario himself
-Wario Plattformer characters
-Wario Ware characters
-Wario & Mario/ Wario's Woods
-Noteworthy non-Wario series characters (Waluigi, Mario,Bomberman, Toad...)

This would also be a great way to get the community more involved, we could have a thread for users on the forum, where they can write the bios out so you can use them as drafts for the Wario Weekly version, same goes for the references, if you need more context for any of them than we could help out, it would be fun and make things easier for you.

As for the Coverage:
The Wario characters would get full wiki like coverage, describing all of their appearences, official bios, artwork,etc...
While the non-Wario series characters only get coverage that's relevant to Wario.
Let's say someone (aka me) wants to make the Toad bio it would only consist of:
-A short description of the character
-Appearences in Wario games
-Interactions in other games (with Wario obviously)
-Only Wario related trivia
-List of Wario games the character appears in

So yeah, those are my ideas.

What about a fanwork section? Fanart / Fangames / Rom Hacks / etc. Involving Wario, of course.

And also walkthroughs. Most of the WL 4 hard mode walkthroughs I found are incomplete. Annoying. Grrr:

What about a fanwork section? Fanart / Fangames / Rom Hacks / etc. Involving Wario, of course.

And also walkthroughs. Most of the WL 4 hard mode walkthroughs I found are incomplete. Annoying. Grrr:

Definitely. I'll have a gallery for fan art, a downloads system for fan games and ROM hacks and walkthroughs for any Wario games I can get walkthroughs for.

I'll also have sprites and resources for fan games based on the Wario series.

I... do like the idea of having a sub-board to discuss contributions to the fansite.

That will be added when it launches.

http://warioforums.com/index.php?threads/idea-for-wario-weekly.378/
This is the first thing I would like to see, I know that Wario Weekly already had Wario in Mario Kart/Smash whatever sections but I feel that this could be a cool sub section.

Another thing I would love to see are Character bios!
I already have a few categorys in mind:
-Wario himself
-Wario Plattformer characters
-Wario Ware characters
-Wario & Mario/ Wario's Woods
-Noteworthy non-Wario series characters (Waluigi, Mario,Bomberman, Toad...)

This would also be a great way to get the community more involved, we could have a thread for users on the forum, where they can write the bios out so you can use them as drafts for the Wario Weekly version, same goes for the references, if you need more context for any of them than we could help out, it would be fun and make things easier for you.

As for the Coverage:
The Wario characters would get full wiki like coverage, describing all of their appearences, official bios, artwork,etc...
While the non-Wario series characters only get coverage that's relevant to Wario.
Let's say someone (aka me) wants to make the Toad bio it would only consist of:
-A short description of the character
-Appearences in Wario games
-Interactions in other games (with Wario obviously)
-Only Wario related trivia
-List of Wario games the character appears in

So yeah, those are my ideas.

That seems doable. The question remains however whether I should try and modify a wiki script to do this, or edit the hell out of WordPress. I mean, the former is probably easier to get others to help with, but I've been making sites with the latter for my day job, and know how to add an absolute ton of things using custom functions and code.

Setting up a database system, a blog/news system, a gallery and a downloads system with it could be a fun challenge...

Back