Game Developers Discussion

Magma

Oldhead
Diamond City Leader
Inspired by the Ko Takeuchi thread, in this case we discuss the developers as well as other people involved in game development more as people though not necessarily removed from their work. Now with the internet we are able to know more about the people behind the games we like.

To sort of get the ball rolling I'd like to bring up something interesting about Ken Sugimori, the artist and designer for the Pokemon series. He is quite the Princess Peach fan as these pictures from his Twitter show.
cOC55dT.png

DBxiCrUU0AArDV0.jpg:large
DBDgiZoUAAEYwNT.jpg:large

DA6zEiGUMAAfBhn.jpg:large

DA6gu1kUMAEcC03.jpg:large

To sort of get the ball rolling I'd like to bring up something interesting about Ken Sugimori, the artist and designer for the Pokemon series. He is quite the Princess Peach fan as these pictures from his Twitter show.

He's also a terminal Sega fanboy. Drew the cover for the 3D Classics compilations even.

I've always liked it when Game illustrators would draw inspiration from other sources or would draw characters from other series especially anime or cartoon related media. One game illustrator I love is Ayami Kojima, she was one of the driving focus SOTN's artstyle and she'll also be doing art work for Bloodstained. She is a self taught artist who really enjoys manga, she even drew Kuro from Black Jack.

tumblr_lt03triChQ1qc0d5no4_500.jpg

tumblr_lt03triChQ1qc0d5no1_500.jpg

tumblr_lt03triChQ1qc0d5no2_500.jpg

tumblr_lt03triChQ1qc0d5no3_500.jpg

tumblr_o0ngfagT3c1v239eho1_1280.jpg

Here are some neat Kojima art books she has as well.

Back