How popular is 9-Volt anyway?

BooDestroyer

Treasure Collector Extraordinaire
We used to hear a lot about him, but I don't know what's going on now.

He's the guy who brings Nintendo - and pre-1980 Nintendo - all together, without being anything like Smash Bros. The main highlight of what made him so great. I'm sure some people still do appreciate him for that.

Did Gamer, in both Game & Wario and Smash, happen to help give him a boost lately? There's still a lot of love for him going around everywhere, right? On top of that, I was at Anime Expo this year and saw one 9-Volt cosplayer. (didn't get a picture, unfortunately, but it was good!)

He's always been one of the most popular characters in WarioWare, thanks to his association with the retro Nintendo themed microgames.

Gamer may have helped a bit.

Also, he seems to be the most popular WarioWare character on Fan Fiction.net, if that means anything. The front page of WarioWare fan fics alone has at least three where 9-Volt is shipped with the author's Mary Sue esque author avatar. So he seems to be popular with 13 year old Nintendo fan girls, or something.

I think the only reason 9-Volt isn't as talked about anymore is because Wario Ware in general has sadly fallen out of the puplic eye, but once people caught wind of the Gamer minigame they started to go crazy over him again.

Mind you Gamer being the best minigame in Game & Wario certainly helps, but it just goes to show how 9-Volt and his stages can still really appeal to people, it's the only part of G&W anyone ever talks about.

When it comes to the Ware characters as a whole it feels like, they each including 9-volt have some distinctive popularity but not really known. In this case a whole group shot makes them out to be similar to the Ginyu Force or the Akuma Choujins. In which I see fan art of the whole group or some of the group a bit more than by themselves, save for a few popular characters in the series.

9-volt and 18-volt's biggest things are their retro NES style which everyone loves for whatever reason that maybe(childhood memories, retro game love, nintendo fan etc). 9-volt is still one of the more popular characters as oppose to penny or orbulon so he would fit more on the spot next to mona and ashley in that regard.

Real response...

It's hard to tell how popular he is these days, I guess I can say he got over 100 votes in my Ashley v 9-volt poll, just goes to show he's still not completely forgotten.

Other than that I don't hear much of 9-volt, on DevArt he gets art by people who commissioned them.

When it comes to the Ware characters as a whole it feels like, they each including 9-volt have some distinctive popularity but not really known. In this case a whole group shot makes them out to be similar to the Ginyu Force or the Akuma Choujins. In which I see fan art of the whole group or some of the group a bit more than by themselves, save for a few popular characters in the series.

9-volt and 18-volt's biggest things are their retro NES style which everyone loves for whatever reason that maybe(childhood memories, retro game love, nintendo fan etc). 9-volt is still one of the more popular characters as oppose to penny or orbulon so he would fit more on the spot next to mona and ashley in that regard.

I like the genesis style because it feels more 80s and closer to the real music I like from that era
As weird as that sounds, considering NES IS the 80s

I like the genesis style because it feels more 80s and closer to the real music I like from that era
As weird as that sounds, considering NES IS the 80s

The genesis style is really cool in it's own right, especially since the usage of synth in that system is the same as some of the music you'd hear from that era as well. A big example being something like Michael Jackson, in which some of his music sounds similar to Sonic 3's music.

Both style are great for different reasons since their soundchips and instruments used were quite different. As Genesis used instruments that would have a " fake " sounding bass and such it was really cool.

voted.png Voters.png zu9vOSB.png D1s0OyF.png

I'm not denying 9-volt is popular, he's definitely popular, but adding "Maybe even more popular than Ashley"...well, had to get the ol' facts machine booted up. Sorry if I bothered you guys, but that was the only thing I was gonna do then I'd leave this thread!

I thought it was 18-volt, not 16-volt...? I only know 9-volt, 18-volt and 5-volt. ;p

I'm not denying 9-volt is popular, he's definitely popular, but adding "Maybe even more popular than Ashley"...well, had to get the ol' facts machine booted up. Sorry if I bothered you guys, but that was the only thing I was gonna do then I'd leave this thread!

I thought it was 18-volt, not 16-volt...? I only know 9-volt, 18-volt and 5-volt. ;p
Why do you think i wrote the word "Maybe"?
I wrote it because i simply don't know.
Grrr:
Also: There are polls where 9-Volt wins. (The ones that you ignore)
It is clear that in your polls Ashley wins since you probably go to sites filled with Ashley fans and surround yourself with them. (The same way that Wario would win against Mario in a poll in this forum since it is filled with Wario fans but we all know that in every other site Mario would win.)

The polls where 9-volt wins are the older ones, like from last year. I'm using the most recent ones from a few months go to this month. The newest one being on that Straw poll shared to the Nintendo community. Why newer ones? because Ashley started to really get noticed just last year, so it's only fair we use newer ones.

What about the fans that don't know about these polls or simply don't vote? (Like me)
Polls aren't always right. (And definitely not the answer to everything.)
And even if she is the most popular Character: WHO THE F CARES?

All this does is starting a quarrel and fight because everyone wants to be right.

Boy... i really regret writing this one sentence...
Next time i'm gonna think twice about what i post.

Back