How would you advertise the Wario series?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Let's say you've got an unlimited marketing budget and three Wario games of your choice in Nintendo's line up (Wario Land, WarioWare, Wario World, doesn't matter).

What would you do to make the series successful again? Assuming that you'd get fired if you didn't make at least one of the three games a mega multi million copy selling success...

And be somewhat creative; there are no limits here. You can use any art style (cartoon/anime, live action, stop motion, CGI), any form of campaign (online, real world boards, newspapers/magazines, the middle of a massive sporting event, 'viral marketing') etc.

I'd go to some sort of animation for advertising. I'd prefer traditional animation, but it might be more feasible to use CGI.

Also, I'd put the ads everywhere I could. The more marketing there is, the more likely people may buy it.

Traditional animation could work really well to be honest. I mean, for WarioWare... it's already what the game stories look like. And for Wario Land... I know it used to be done at one point, what with the old Wario being a hypnotist/doing mind control/kissing a bomb advertisements.

I'd love to see those return.

Are we assuming we are advertising them when they were first release? Or as if they are coming out now? IF they are coming out now, do we treat them as retail or digital?

I mean, before thinking of marketing, I'd want to know what market they are planning to address. Then the advertisements could cater to that demographic.

I'm probably thinking about this too much and taking all the fun out of it lol.

Back