How would you make the Wario series more popular?

Yeah, both Wario and Mona already have their own vehicles, I think it would actually be a really fun game : 3

would be cool to incorporate 3d platforming into it.....somehow : p

Yeah, it'd be pretty cool to explore Diamond City. Even more so if like Hit and Run (the Simpsons GTA clone), you could play as a variety of characters. I mean, imagine being able to play as the whole WarioWare cast, complete with different abilities and missions.

That'd be amazing!

Yeah, it'd be pretty cool to explore Diamond City. Even more so if like Hit and Run (the Simpsons GTA clone), you could play as a variety of characters. I mean, imagine being able to play as the whole WarioWare cast, complete with different abilities and missions.

That'd be amazing!

A 3d adventure style action RPG game, done with cel shaded graphics, done in a hand-drawn kinda style with an open world, or at least a hub world like TTYD or whatever. Where you could level up Wario, learn new skills, make friends and team mates that are playable and really put alot into making it a great game and not a cash grab.

Maybe they can do something like a platformer death match kinda game,I think Conkers Bad fur Day for N64 had a death match multiplayer thingy that people liked.

Throw all these things together and you could have one really great game that appealed to many different people : 3

And it would still probly only be bought by a few select fans : p Maybe not, though : p May be a way to get the world interested in Wario : p Or at least, get more Nintendo fans in him.

Basically Nintendo needs to take the series more seriously. I remember before Donkey Kong Country Returns, all the Paon DK games were pretty much treated like crap by Nitnedo and therefor sold like crap.

But Returns they treated like something important. They promoted the game like crazy! Creating all kinds of events, commercials, and more. That's what they need to do for Wario. Treat the next Wario game like it's a big deal and the public will think it's a big deal.

Remember Wario Land Shake It? No commercials. Barely any promotion.

This pretty much. Would Splatoon have made anywhere near as much of a Splash without the massive ad campaign it had? I'm sure it would still be popular, but advertisement is important.

If it were up to me to get something popularized, or at least known I'd promote it more on TV, posters around every video game store and online. Let's say it WAS my job for Nintendo to get it promoted. I'd post some gameplay around Nintendo's YouTube channel and other social media.

I guess It'd give copies to review channels, like I think GxP get's copies to review a game. It needs a lot of promotion, that's important. We need to hype it up too, but I wouldn't know how to do that.

I have some ideas such as - 5 players. 4 wii remotes or something and somebody can use the gamepad. People like Ashley, right? She can catch the eye of some people, I'll put her along side Wario to promote WarioWare on posters. I don't think she'll play a bigger role in the Game itself.

I'd also have to rely on YouTubers to play the game, then their viewers will think "Wow, this game looks fun to play. I should get it too".

I know next to nothing about making anything popular, this is just my idea.

Last edited:
People like Ashley, right? She can catch the eye of some people, I'll put her along side Wario to promote WarioWare on posters

This idea sounds great, maybe she will play a bigger role too. Promote her and you got yourself a popular game! loljk. or am I? dun dun dunnn.

I know next to nothing about making anything popular, this is just my idea.

I dunno, this sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I'd go with what you suggested.

I'd also have to rely on YouTubers to play the game, then their viewers will think "Wow, this game looks fun to play. I should get it too".
This is exactly what YouTubers have been trying to convince companies of. Companies apparently have a hard time understanding that it's good advertising, however. Perhaps it would be good to have you in charge of promoting games.

Yeah, without VanossGaming I'd have never picked up GTA5, I know so many people who bought the game because of him. So, let's get a bunch of famous YouTubers to play WarioWare. I think PewDiePie played it, but not sure at all if that got anyone to buy it.

Probably. PewDiePie has an extremely large audience, and I'm sure that at least a few people thought that the wacky microgame collection that is WarioWare looked like an entertaining enough game to track down.

In those cases, yeah. If a video game is more or less a movie, then watching the game will give someone basically the same experience as playing it, which isn't conducive to sales. If it's based more around gameplay, though, there should be no issues.

In those cases, yeah. If a video game is more or less a movie, then watching the game will give someone basically the same experience as playing it, which isn't conducive to sales. If it's based more around gameplay, though, there should be no issues.
That's what happened to me and Firewatch. It was interesting to watch it and I probably would've enjoyed it if I had played it myself but after watching the whole game there really was no good reason to spend money on it. It also wasn't a very long game.
The opposite happened with me and Subnautica. That's the kinda game that's fun to play yourself and seeing it being streamed made me wanna buy it, so I did and I really enjoyed playing it myself.

Theres also the issue of how many people want to play a platformer game from Nintendo nowadays. Might have to mix in something new to get peoples attention.

Warioware was a really cool idea, if they can go from Wario Land to Warioware, then they can come up with more new ideas : p

Back