Huh, guess Wario would have liked this idea for Boktai...

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
For those who don't know, Boktai is a series of games about fighting vampires that uses a sunlight sensor on the GBA to turn real life sunlight into in game power. It's a neat concept, but one that didn't exactly set the world on fire when it was released back in the day.

However, it seems Hideo Kojima's original idea for the game may have pleased at least one person, namely our favourite Italian American anti hero. Why? Well I'll let the interview speak for itself:

I actually had wanted to include a sensor that measured how your breath smelled too! I *really* wanted to add that! The enemies are vampires, right? So if you ate something garlic-y and breathed on the mic, they’d all die. (laughs)

Yeah, guess Wario would have done REALLY well at that version of the game, don't you think?

Now that I think of it, I'm surprised no WarioWare game took a page out of boktai's playbook and try to incorporate something like that.

That's a really good point actually. Would be interesting to see a breath sensor in a WarioWare game.

Back