If you could make a Wario World expansion, what would it be like?

WAA-ch would you prefer?

• Total voters

tahutoa

Has "it." Fragile musician. Odd, means well.
If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that Wario World was way too short, regardless of if you love it or hate it (and that some of the bosses were total garbage).

So, how would you handle a Wario World expansion/remaster? Boss ideas, level gimmicks? How you would "fix" the things you dislike about the game, and who could/would you get to make this Wario World expansion, since Treasure has long since dissolved? (Also, how fitting that Wario had a company called Treasure making his game)

This was part of a 'personal' website I made for HTML class about fourteen months ago: me talking about Wario World's bosses. Kind of relevant, I guess; it contains a majority of the assets for the site, but I don't know if the CSS'll kick in properly.

Attachments

• WAA.zip
    351.8 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Hmm, the CSS won't work in that format. Tell you what, I'll just host the files on the Wario Forums domain, and that should look right then:

https://warioforums.com/misc/WAA/

Much better. Either way, what I'd want is probably something a bit closer to Mario 64 than what we got. So you'd have large worlds to explore with unique enemies and challenges, transformations to solve puzzles and reach new areas as well as bosses being part of each level, but not the entire focus. That'd work a lot better in my eyes, since it'd feel like a Wario Land game in 3D.

Not sure about what bosses I'd have however. Probably just a few that look less creepy.

I personally wouldn't want a remaster, I would prefer an entirely new game. I'm aware people nowadays want remakes/ports/remasters but I don't even after 20 years.

There is nothing wrong with the original game(s), I'm okay if they are re-released on a VC. I just would prefer developers to create a fresh new fresh experience to attract new gamers with their set of tools. Wario World was nothing more than an "okay" game to most and I do not think it truly deserves the remaster treatment as the game itself was very unpolished and unitized.

A Wario World 2 would potentially fix all of these problems and even expand Wario's own world for the greater good. The base of Wario World sets a good milestone for developers to expand on afterall, I would like it if they could incorporate some features from Wario Land 3.

Last edited:
Yeah, remasters are... well they're the lazy way out to be honest. Release new, better games, don't just polish up the old ones.

I would like it if they did make a Wario World remaster, but as a nice plot twist, instead of the Giant Chest containing Black Diamond it contains another courtyard with another four worlds. Or, alternatively, they could go the Wario Land Shake It route and have extra levels for each world that you find through find secret exits (that is how you find the secret levels, right), or meeting certain requirements like Kirby's Epic Yarn, like, instead of the treasures unlocking WarioWare transfer pak dealies, in their place we would have the gateway to a whole new stage, that you'd access in the Big Chest area. Instead of those pedestals with the floating squares it'd be eight of those hatches that you ground-pound to access the red crystal challenges.
And then, as a Kirby's Dreamland 3 level plot twist, it turns out that beating those eight extra stages unlocks some sort of extra challenge that's like Pecan Sands on steroids, where it's the inside of the Pyramid or something.
Ooh! ooh! OR, even better, some kind of 3D reimagining of Wario Land 4 stages or something-- since Wario World in itself is already "Wario Land 4 but it's 3D" more or less-- and that could be your New Game Plus-esque reward for collecting everything. Keep in mind: it wouldn't be a cop out though, they'd still be legit Wario World level of quality, they'd just happen to share the aesthetic (but now presented in Wario World's gorgeous art style) and feature some of the original levels' gimmicks, albeit tweaked to work in the new 3D environment.
So, altogether there's Excitement Central, Spooktastic World, Thrillsville, Sparkle Land (had to look that one up), the eight Treasure Chest levels, and then the Emerald, Ruby, Topaz, and Sapphire Passages, with the Golden Pyramid being the final level or something.
If you feel like that seems a bit excessive, in that case I propose trashing Doodle Woods and replacing it with "Hall of Hieroglyphs but it's an actual level instead of a tutorial"

I would love a factory themed world, kind of like in Wario Land 2, where you flip switches and there's conveyor belts. With different electronic hazards and robot enemies.

I would love a factory themed world, kind of like in Wario Land 2, where you flip switches and there's conveyor belts. With different electronic hazards and robot enemies.
That's why adding a 3D re-imagining of The Curious Factory would be so dope. Of course, unlike the real Curious Factory, it wouldn't be a terrible level that is not that fun. I can kind of picture like a full length version of Horror Manor's basement area, but with less water. Something aesthetically similar to Wing Fortress from Sonic 2 would be fab.

Back