Interesting Wario references in Fan Games and ROM hacks?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
What cool Wario Land/WarioWare references have you seen in (otherwise non Wario related) ROM hacks and fan games?

Some neat ones I've seen are:

Midas Machine the Mushroom Patrol; Wario and Waluigi are playable...

And Captain Syrup's one of the main antagonists! No really!

Pirate Gooms and other mooks are enemies too. Oh, and there's a level based on Neon City from Wario Land Shake It:

201411011356030.24.png

To be honest, based on the pictures... it's actually what I'd quite like a real Wario Land game to look like. Nice and colourful with lots of charm and a cartoony yet non Mario aesthetic throughout.

http://www.mfgg.net/midasmachine/

Super Mario Universe; The first castle level is based on Syrup Castle

Also, the Fire Flower is now the Dragon Hat from the same game. Neat!

Super Mario Treasure Island; Levels have Wario Land II tilesets and gimmicks

Not only does one level use the Uncanny Mansion graphics from Wario Land 2, but one actually has Mario get stung by Bees and turn into his own version of Puffy Wario! That's pretty neat in my opinion.

Unfortunately, the videos don't exist any more, and few people have played it on Youtube. But a download:

http://bin.smwcentral.net/25210/SMTI_FinalUnfinished.zip

and some pictures:

SMTI_FinalUnfinished_00000.png

SMTI_FinalUnfinished_00001.png

VIP 6; Toy Block Tower themed level

I think the screenshot speaks for itself. Only an aesthetic choice, but it looks nice.

16x_00000.png

The Second Reality Project Reloaded: Curious Factory themed level

There's also a level in the sequel called Hotel Horror, but that isn't particularly themed off the Wario Land 4 level.

Legend of the Four Switches; Crescent Moon Village/Hotel Horror themed level

And many, many other Wario Land references besides. But I think these ones sum it up well:

LOTFS_00112.png

Unfortunately, it got removed for some of the most insanely pointless reasons ever; like 'humorous message boxes'. Some people really do have no sense of humour...

Just a few neat ones I thought I'd point out.

Back