It's official: Smash never wanted to represent Wario Land in the first place.

If we go back in time and make a really small yet big enough following for Wii fit trainer in Smash bros she will no longer be in it! AWESOME!

62d.jpg

Next we're gonna get this guy (which if I'm gonna be honest would be pretty amazing.)

From one of the trailers they did give it that name, Non Specific Action Figure. Iwata himself called it that too here.

Oh no, the iwata feels are coming back!

Lol, I thought it was just a weird nickname the internet gave for him, I must have forgot they gave him a name since I watched all the trailers. I first thought it was a Marvel character when I first saw it.

Well, it does kind of look like a Japanese characters. Like those big fighting robots or whatever, that would mess the city up while fighting. ultraman looking character.

Hero in spandex like Ultraman or Kamen Rider, in a similar sense yeah. It can also resemble other Tatsunoko(Japanese super hero) characters such as Gatchaman, or Ippatsuman.

ippatsu-tvc2-fix.jpg

I guess that's what they were probably aiming for with this Non-specific action Figure character. Back on topic, omg if R.O.B could be in Smash this non specific action figure can be in Smash, R.O.B wasn't even in any games aside from Mario Kart DS I think, still! a toy could make it in, this toy could make it in.

In terms of actually being in a game not counting smash you're right, rob only ever appeared in mario kart ds. Still puzzled that he has yet to make a return to karting maybe fighting was better for him. non specific action hero all the way for the next game.

She certainly fits the game surprisingly well, and her moves are both humorously animated and portray actual yoga poses (each of which are described in the trophies that BooDestroyer linked to).

If you ask me ROB only got in because he played a major part for Nintendo in the 1980s, the few reasons why Nintendo is even here today, he really shows how he pushed Nintendo in through his playstyle, destroying every character with one move just like Nintendo vs it's competitors in the 80s.
Mr. G&W is a bit different, he might have gotten in just because of his age, or maybe he got in because he really doesn't have anything left to do (G&W gets more love than F-zero, which is a bit sad) G&W may represent when gaming wasn't a big deal until he showed up, coming in with crazy weapons no other character uses.
Duck Hunt, they were one of the first Nintendo games, and first games in general, to show how diverse Nintendo really can be, and even Wii fit trainer got in because of this reason.

You see, every weird character got in for a good reason.

Well, it's true though. There isn't any wario land-specific trophy.

His Melee trophy described his Wario Land abilities. Granted, this was before WarioWario existed.

Personally I don't see why they can't give Wario a nice blend of Wario Land/WarioWare moves/references. Represent his entire series, not just one sub-series part of it.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Back