Fire Emblem counts as a JRPG right? That's one of the main series that I've really been wanting to get into. I've played through Sacred Stones and have played through most of Awakening and it's been a great if somewhat frustrating at times experience. I want to try out the whole series but playing the older games is gonna be annoying. I haven't gotten around to really playing the entirety of both the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series which is kind of embarrassing but it's something I plan on getting to some other points. There are a ton of RPGs that I'd like to try but when it comes to series those are the ones that I've been wanting to play through.

Fire Emblem looks like a puzzle game with lot's of text, I wouldn't get that. I'm not too good with planning games, I just either wanna get from point A to b, shoot or fight.

Mario RPG games being the only acception. You shouldn't get into it in my opinion, just stick with your puzzle games and Mario's. Much easier.

Well this is a JRPG thread so people here already are fans of the genre so I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

I'm just talking about Fire Emblem, not the whole JRPG. If you want a good JRPG try out....Umm...My Ashley JRPG game. Everything with Ashley is 100x better than the leading brand.

Ah, good! Than you'll love Ashley's story, an JRPG like never before! better than the rest because it has the best character in all of existence. It has battles like an RPG, leveling up (Still gotta tell him to add one if he can.) and other Ashley themed joyness! you'll love it and wish all Jrpgs were like it!

Ashley is just the best when it comes to JRPGs.

Fire Emblem counts as a JRPG right?

Fire Emblem is a Japanese strategy RPG, but I generally include them in JRPG conversations anyway : p

Fire Emblem is great, though. Its another one of those games with huuuuge casts : p Plus apparently theyve included marriage in the new one, they didnt have that in the ones Ive played : p But I loved that in other games, like Harvest Moon and Rune Factory and Sakura Wars, so it could be way cool : p

The gameplay is pretty basic, I guess. (I often hear that against FE) But I dont consider that a bad thing, I dont think games are all about gameplay all the time. It can have basic gameplay, but have an amazing story that totally makes it worth playing. Theres more to be enjoyed than just "gameplay" : p

*EDIT- new Fire Emblem, not first Fire Emblem : /

Fire Emblem also has pretty bad characters aside from Ike, Marth and Roy, The rest are gross and shouldn't have been in smash bros. Now that I think of it it is a strategy RPG, nothing like a JRPG at all.

I hate strategy games, I just go right into the game! If there was a strategy Ashley game than I'll become master at the game.

Actually the protagonists of the Fire Emblem games tend to not be the most interesting, which are exactly the ones you listed. The other characters tend to be more interesting. Anyway, RPGs for the most part don't seem to your thing at all for the most part.

I would disagree with Kyon about Ike,
Ike was very interesting, he was a young male who lived and fought beside his father, and after his death by a high ranking soldier in a foriegn army waging war on his home, he had to find his own path, no0t knowing what to do, forming alliances with other nations and races in order to stop an evil empire from conquering their world. All while fulfilling his primary goal, to find and killl the man who murdered his father. Ike had a very emotional story.

I gues syou had to play the game to know that, though : p

No, actually, I really liked Ike : p I thought he was great : p

I have played through both of his games, and beaten them.

I'm still not fully sure what a JRPG is supposed to be, what makes it any different from an RPG?
RPG-7_menu_icon_MW3.png
lol

or do you guys add the extra J to show how much of anime/japanese fans you are?

Woops read his post too quickly since I was just generalizing typical FE protagonists.

Actually I did the same thing, too : p I read that as in bad characters /like/ Ike and Marth, and not aside from : p

But I dont really agree still, I way liked Titania and Oscar and Boyd and Rhys and Mia and Jill and Haar ect ect : p

Kyon this is a FORUM. How do you expect a forum to work if people just disregard people's posts? And again you continue with the revenge negative posts again.

Back