Let's go see some movies (Film Thread)

SurrealBrain

I like Amitie.
This is a thread for discussing movies. Whether they be new and upcoming films, or old classics you feel like bringing up, this is the place to discuss them!

Now, let me start by saying I can't wait until Guardians of the Galaxy comes out on Blu-Ray. I saw that movie in theaters, and I loved it so much I actually decided to check out the comics.

Other Marvel movies range from good, to bad, to amazing, but this one was special, somehow. Must be the sense of humor it posessed. Not to mention that, far as I could tell, it knew when to get funny, and it knew when to get serious.

It'll be out on Blu-Ray December 9th, so it's not far from now. At least, that's the case for America, I don't know about the other countries.
Also, on the Christmas Eve at 11:00 AM GMT (or 3:00 AM PST or 6:00 AM EST), there will be a live announcement and photo call of the 24th James Bond movie at Pinewood Studios. Figure I put something here that's at least news, at least at the time of writing.

Any movies to discuss?

Last edited:
I dont watch many movies, actually : p Its pretty rare that I do. But I really liked The Labyrinth, that 80s film with the Jim Henson puppets, and David Bowie as Jareth? Haha I loved that film as a kid actually, and at that time I thought Jareth was like the coolest character ever >.>

I also way liked The Frighteners, with Michael J. Fox as a kid. I thought that film was great, too. I really liked the main character, Frank Bannon, I think? He was a cool like.... tragic and misunderstood character : p And I liked the villainous couple in it, too. Haha, I thought it was an all around way neat and unique film that doesnt get the attention it deserves.

I really liked the Blair Witch Project growing up, I thought it was like the scariest film as a kid, haha. I remember all the hype for it too, though, so I may just be remembering all the hype : p

I watched Pan's Labyrinth last week some time. It was really good, like a very dark Alice in Wonderland. Way sad too.

My favorite movies of all time are the Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings movies though.

The last movie I watched was Annabelle the doll. A very scary movie, got me jumping a few times. I just love watching scary movies on the weekends. And I'm very hyped for Batman v Superman : Dawn of justice. It looks amazing. I wanna watch it now. I love love DC movies.

I watched Goldfinger about a week or two ago! Absolutely loved it. I think I like it even more than Dr. No, but it's a close one for sure.

It's not an official announcement...but it's something I never expected to hear in my life.

I swear I must be going insane, because apparently, according to a leak, Sony of all companies want to make a Mario movie, and probably has the rights to do so. Since they're among Nintendo's competitors, I wonder how they even got to the talks.

I think I need my head checked.
Oh, and is this new Mario movie going to be anything like THIS Mario movie? ;)

i wish to the Mario overlords that, that Mario movie comes nowhere near this (maybe) Mario movie.

B7e6IKm.jpg
I will never forget this.

If they don't make at least one passing joke about that movie, I will be very disappointed. At least say something about how stupid it would be if Bowser was human.

mm-hmm its true I did : p

I actually like the soundtrack to the movie though, it had some cool songs : p I saw that movie at the same time that I saw the first power rangers movie, haha they are pretty similar in ways : p

I can't help but find the failure of the Ghost in the Shell movie to be amusing. It was just such a bad idea. There was no way it could've really succeeded. Scarlett Johansson ultimately proved worthless in trying to push this to people who would be unfamiliar with the IP and harmful towards those who are familiar with the property. Pick an Asian lead actor and there'd be little interest in seeing it from the mainstream. Pick a non-Japanese Asian actor and you risk alienating the Japanese and potential Chinese markets. When it comes to the familiar Death Note whitewashing controversy, Japanese people said they would prefer white actors playing Japanese characters over Chinese or Korean actors. To top it all off, the movie is the typical watered down trash that is meant to appeal to a large demographic that ultimately had nothing going for it as already mentioned with Scarlett Johansson failing to draw people in.

Back