Mean Emcee Redesign

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
Okay, I'm finally done with this one. ^^
mean_emcee_redesign_by_shyguyxxl-d7dxj7n.png

I tried to give him more personality by making him look more human...but I still wanted to keep some freakiness.

I know he looks a bit leprechaun-y but that wasn't done on purpose. xD

It looks pretty cool! Okay, the differences aren't absolutely enormous in every sense, but it's a definite improvement to the original game's version.

Although to be honest, anything not in 'Gamecube era CGI' is probably an improvement to Wario World's boss design..

Okay, the differences aren't absolutely enormous in every sense, but it's a definite improvement to the original game's version.

I only really had a problem with his head though.
It's not a complete redesign. Just fixing the head.

Although to be honest, anything not in 'Gamecube era CGI' is probably an improvement to Wario World's boss design..

Come on, the other designs aren't THAT bad.
I actually really like the designs of Spideraticus, Dual Dragon, or Captain Skull. They're not perfect but they're good!

You have to admit though, Clown-a-round, Winter Windster and Brawl Doll don't exactly look great. Which kind of amplifies their horror aspects to be honest.

Yes, they all look creepy and freaky but in their case I think it was done very much on purpose.

The Mean Emcee was also meant to look freaky but they pulled it off by making a very bad design as opposed to a good freaky design.

Bad freaky and good freaky both look freaky... xD it's hard to explain.
The Wario Land 4 bosses look freaky too, but they are done well and work. The Emcee didn't work.

Like I said in another topic, the Winter Windster does the Uncanny Valley effect very well and uses it to his advantage, Clown-a-round's "face-where-the-neck-should-be" was a clever idea and the look of his real face was unexpected (I didn't think he looked that creepy) and the Brawl Doll was just supposed to be your typical posessed demon doll. So no surprise that it's made to look creepy.

I dunno about you but I love freaky designs when they're done well.

Back