Other characters you feel didn't get a good treatment in Smash?

Mario123311

Super Plumber Enthusiast
Just sort of an unpopular opinion thing. But I guess I'll say my big gripe: WHY THE HELL WAS PAC-MAN WORLD IGNORED?! I expected his arcade games to get the most representation but there is little to none from the games that made him relevant in the early 2000's. And while Pac's moveset is still fun to use, It just feels like Namco told them that they couldn't be creative like that. ((Namco themselves has been trying to erase the trilogy from continuity))

And probably what bugs me the most is just the fact that Palutena and Mega Man get all unique custom specials while Pac-Man ((and even Wario)) just get lame upgrades of their normal moves with different properties. Where's my Butt Bounce? Where's my Rev-Roll? I wanted to use those moves, dang nabbit.

Any other characters you feel just don't feel right?

Captain Falcon has been horribly portrayed in smash! If only you played as the blue falcon running people over, I wanted to give the other fighters skid marks with my car.

Ganondorf is the usual example people give, since he was thrown into Melee at the last minute due to how easy it would be to implement him (they already had all the assets, and his model fit Falcon's frame really well).
Lucario's aura buffing him as he takes damage is completely original to Smash, with nothing similar to it applying to Lucario in the anime or the games (but then again, what would they even do with him to make him interesting otherwise?).
Mewtwo being really light and slow (the latter of which was changed in more recent patches of Smash 4), is completely out of line with its portrayal in the games, where it weighs 269 lbs. and matches things like Aerodactyl and Jolteon in speed (which is very clearly a balance decision, but they went a little overboard in Melee and kept most of that until later versions of Smash 4).
Little Mac having super armor and hitting like a truck is the exact opposite of his schtick in Punch-Out, where he's all about avoiding the opponent's attack then hitting them with a few jabs until he can knock them down, instead of no-selling a haymaker to the face and blasting his opponent across the ring with one punch anyway.
Rosalina putting a Luma in harm's way seems like something she'd be completely unwilling to do normally.
On the other side of the coin, Roy sucks in his own game. His Melee portrayal seems pretty fitting. Same goes for Jigglypuff in every game besides Melee.

Toad. One of the most recognizable Nintendo characters out there. Still a meatshield. Yeah, sure, whatever.
Methinks that's supposed to be the whole point of Toad. To be kinda weak, careless and get knocked around in harm's way a lot.

Mewtwo being really light and slow (the latter of which was changed in more recent patches of Smash 4), is completely out of line with its portrayal in the games, where it weighs 269 lbs.
Has anything in the Pokedex ever meant anything?
Also, that Luma looks willing to fight in Smash.

And really, just look at Mario all the time in Smash. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Dr. Mario & R.O.B. have also bad representation, ROB doesn't have his other accesory and happened to the scientist who built him?

rob-the-robot.jpg

Dr. Mario's case, did they ever beaten the first level? Why they didn't gave him his actual victory poses, where he makes his "Cash-in!" expression and the other one from N64 where he is spinning and doing the victory finger-sign:

DrMario_zpsd833fad3.gif

mariosheet.gif

Back