Potential online multiplayer

Goatles

Sewer dwelling twelve year old
Learning that Get it Together has no online multiplayer was a massive disappointment. I love Wario Cup, but the fun I have playing this game with friends is unmatched. After thinking about the possibility of online multiplayer, I realized it may not be such a far off prospect. Instead of hoping Nintendo patches it in later, we could very well add it ourselves.

This requires a computer with a few things downloaded: Get it Together's game files, the Yuzu emulator, and Parsec. Yuzu allows you to play Switch games on your computer, and Parsec enables online multiplayer in games that are otherwise local only, and it works with emulators. It should be obvious where I'm going with this.

While this process sounds straightforward and should have no issues, I still consider it theoretical because I haven't seen any video footage of it, and I've been too busy to test it myself. The hardest part would probably be getting the game itself. I know next to nothing about Switch hacking, and I haven't checked to see if someone uploaded the game online.

So, what do you guys think? I'd love to see this idea come to fruition, and I'll definitely try to set it up myself when I'm not busy.

Yuzu's website: yuzu-emu.org
Parsec's website: parsec.app

Sorry if this seems obvious; I don't have any vested interest in emulation. But does this emulate the physical controller inputs, or does it leverage GIT's existing local online multiplayer mode to simplify turning local to worldwide?

Back