Remember the time Pac-Man was respected?

Actually, I think 2001 was when Namco released Tales of Symphonia. In Flanoir, they had an ice sculpture of Pac-Man : p I thought that was way cool : p

Actually, I think 2001 was when Namco released Tales of Symphonia. In Flanoir, they had an ice sculpture of Pac-Man : p I thought that was way cool : p

Actually, found a picture-

113004-tales-of-symphonia-gamecube-screenshot-pac-man-statues.jpg

And if you look at Jade's (from Tales of the Abyss) belt here, youll see its a Pac-Man belt, where the Pac-Man buckle is eating the notches of the belt : p

nog07d.jpg

So Namco gave Pac-Man a bit of love in the Tales of series : p

( :\/)

Don't really agree on Pacman's golden years being in the early 2000's. That's more like trying to stay relevant, at the very least as namco's head mascot he has appeared in other games such as post above the tales of series. He was also a fighter in SFxT strangely enough.
tvs_pacman2.jpg

The SFxT Pac-Man was just as insulting as Mega Man's incarnation to me personally. X_x (it doesn't help they made him creepy as hell with a psycho smile)

Not to mention how both of them were pretty meh characters. At least we got his portrayal in Smash Bros. a while later, which does him a lot more justice. Not too much Pac-Man World representation beyond his up-air looking like his flip kick from Pac-Man World 2, but I'll take what I can get.

Not to mention how both of them were pretty meh characters. At least we got his portrayal in Smash Bros. a while later, which does him a lot more justice. Not too much Pac-Man World representation beyond his up-air looking like his flip kick from Pac-Man World 2, but I'll take what I can get.
Definently. And I kinda would blame Namco themselves rather than Sakurai as Namco has been trying to erase all past games from continuity other than the original Arcade Game, which is honestly pretty pathetic IMO.

Still wanted to use the Butt-Bounce in Smash though.

The first Pac-Man World holds a special place in my heart. Aside from that though, Pac-Man is a character I enjoy but he falls to the wayside for me a bit.

I don't pay attention to the Pac-Man reboot because the games look bad and I'd rather not waste my money. I can understand why Namco has gone the way they have with Pac-Man because they're trying to keep an iconic character whose main heyday and profitability was over 35 years ago.

Something interesting to think about too is Namco has been trying to throw ideas against the wall for how they can keep Pac-Man relevant for over 20 years now. Pac-Man 2 The New Adventures is the best example I can come up with for how extreme the ideas could go. They had a couple Pac-Man platformers before World even.

Keep in mind too Namco will keep this going for as long as they can. The kids that are growing up with the new reincarnation of Pac are probably going to be cursing Namco 10-20 years from now trying to change the formula from what they were familiar with and redesign Pac-Man again. It's a never ending cycle of disappointment for fans of all ages.

Back