Pac-Man_World_2_Coverart.png
PACMANAGA2Update.png

Sonic_Adventure.PNG

Sonicboomwiiu.jpg

Mega_Man_8_Coverart.jpg

rip-tombstone-md.png

Don't you just love next-gen gaming?

Last edited:
I liked up until the 6th gen. I did really really like the Wii, though. But other than that, I kinda stopped caring about games : p I seem to only care about older gen games. (Some wii u stuff looks interesting though)
And I did have a 360 and a PS3 even : p Just couldnt get into them.

And haha poor Dreamcast, it was a cool console, definitely : p

Are game mascots even a thing for newer game series

Thats actually something I miss from the past : p It was cool how every company, both hardware and software developers, had their own mascot. I liked comparing Mario to Sonic : p

I guess today we could like..... compare a players Call of Duty avatar on an xbox one to a call of Dutys avatar on PS4. Seeing that like 90% of the games on one console are on the other anyway, it doesnt really matter anymore : p Other than which brand name do you nerd over : /

Are game mascots even a thing for newer game series
Hm. Come to think of it, that might be why Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale had such a, er, different cast. It's very hard to pick out iconic characters for Sony without having to beg Activision for the rights to Crash and Spyro (which they did, unsuccessfully). And that leads to a cast of Sly, Kratos, Ratchet and Clank, and...that one guy from Ape Escape, Fat Princess, and the immature teenager claiming to be Dante? They were really reaching for a few of those choices.

Hm. Come to think of it, that might be why Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale had such a, er, different cast. It's very hard to pick out iconic characters for Sony without having to beg Activision for the rights to Crash and Spyro (which they did, unsuccessfully). And that leads to a cast of Sly, Kratos, Ratchet and Clank, and...that one guy from Ape Escape, Fat Princess, and the immature teenager claiming to be Dante? They were really reaching for a few of those choices.

Yeah, Playstation All Stars was a great example of why Smash Bros only works with companies that own a lot of iconic characters.

Which is why Disney could probably pull off the concept, as could say, Marvel or DC on their own, but Sony or Microsoft would struggle.

Marvel and DC have, with X-Men: Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes leading into the Marvel vs Capcom games, and DC tried their hand with Injustice (which is a pretty nice game, I suppose; Lex is really fun when I'm not fighting a Superman or a good Sinestro or something). Disney would easily be able to do something similar, considering the massive cast in Disney Infinity. Sony or Microsoft? Sony really had to grasp at straws (and have Cole occupy two character slots) for their roster, and Microsoft has, what? Master Chief, Banjo, Conker, and...yeah, I dunno. They'd have a hard time too.

Definently ^

I'll probably make a thread discussing why I hold a grudge against "Modern Pac-Man" at a later date but not right now. Nobody was asking for a reboot either, People were waiting for another Pac-Man World game. They were acclaimed for a reason: They are what made Pac-Man relevant again in the early 2000's until they just "poof" stopped making 'em.

Always felt Pac-Man was just... kind of randomly tossed into games after a certain point. They'd get a decent thing going, then just scrap it for a completely random new one, even before the whole Pac-Man World series was a thing.

Back