So...Is there a chance this series will come back again?

BooDestroyer

Treasure Collector Extraordinaire
Granted, it got damn lucky with Shake It, but that was in 2008.

But at this point, is there any hope for this series to keep going? What eager and willing third-party studio will take care of it next? Or will EPD finally get enough manpower to take it on themselves?

Sounds awkward but funny. Not like, Ashley being the main character, not what I was going for. Maybe 2 player Wario land as Ashley the 2nd player or a 2nd character to use in the main game. Wario will still be the face of Wario land.

They make it a stale NSMB style game with co-op with Waluigi. (I think there's people who actually want that...)

And do what? I don't want Wario to be Ashley's bitch from this point forward. (That sounds awkward)

it really does.

anyway,

-all internally-developed wl gaems were commercially successful.

-the developers of wario proper now work in the same dievision as the action-adventure people.

-fans have been vocal about wanting the wahhhh to return to action-adventure gaems for some time. property is "nostalgic"

Never say never!

If Wario land does come back it will need multiplayer. I'm not too big of a fan of playing on my own, it could make the game way more fun. Two players will have a character selection with Wario, Waluigi, Mona, Ashley, Jimmy T and maybe others.

If I could choose Ashley in player one I'm sold. But if it's the same one player game I'm not getting it.

I wasn't planning on getting Woolly world but after learning it has two players I'm buying it some time to play with my sister.

Everything needs either online or two player co-op, and we know Wario land online won't be a thing.

While I'm not opposed to it, how would multiplayer in a Wario Land game work? I could more easily see it happening in a Wario World type game.

Like New Super mario brothers, my mate. You gotta use your imagination, it's all right there, just put the puzzle together.

That would be fun right there, playing Wario land U with friends, now that would make a fun Wario game. It will have the feel of
past Wario games in single player and the fun and laughter of NSMB in multiplayer. Everything will be in 2-d style like Shake it.

I can see it now, me always picking Ashley or Mona while playing with my sister.

If you can't see how multiplayer will work I guess it can't work and I won't be getting any new Wario lands without some form of co-op.

Well, it could work if it were to be like the first Wario Land game and Virtual Boy Wario Land. The rest of the series is not very linear in terms of level design so multiplayer could get either very messy with everyone going everywhere or it would just be one person leading everyone else which would make the multiplayer a bit pointless. The level design could be changed to fit this sort of gameplay I guess but exploration type games don't seem to benefit from multiplayer too much.

Well if this is the case than it will not be Wario land but a new style of Wario game to replace Wario land. Titled "Newer Wario land" with New Mario like gameplay and fun. Fit for multiplayer and single players.

I'd be all over that, but if you guys would like a simple new Wario land game for say the 3ds or wii u I wouldn't be into it...Unless it had Ashley somehow than count me in the Wario land hype train.

Only way I'd play Wario land alone with a few of my mates is the following

Add multiplayer And/or add Ashley in some shape or form. It doesn't matter if her role is big, for real I got Mario maker only for the Ashley outfit.

Well that wouldn't be too bad but perhaps maybe make it not like a sequel but a side game to the Land series. Though, it should still be distinct enough from the Mario series.

Yeah, like Donkey kong. Those were some fun games with co-op. Maybe just 2 players will be fine like Donkey kong, but I really want a game like Wario to have two or more players.

But hey, if Nintendo wants my money they'll add Ashley, lol.

I hope so. It has now been the longest we've been without a new entry. I feel they could even try to coalesce Land and Ware. The mini-games in Wario Land 4 already hinted at what was to come, and they could easily include more representation from the Ware series in a proper Wario Land game (be it characters, aesthetics, more micro-games, etcetera). Just more transformation-based puzzles this time, please :]

Back