So what do you want from Wario Forums in future?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
As in, extra features, content, a new style, etc.

Personally, I'm still somewhat interested in setting up an actual info site for the series, though I'm torn between using a wiki or WordPress type CMS for it.

I'm also considering connecting the site to the Discord channel somehow, like allowing users to register through Discord or auto receive roles based on their usergroup here.

But other than that, I'm not sure. You can find a bunch of possible features here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/add-ons-1-x.28/?page=3

So is there anything you want to see added here?

This might be a bit controversial, but can we get an option where members can close their account if they wish to permanently leave Wario Forums, as well as an indication in posts made by them that informs other users that this account is no longer in use?

(And no, despite the connotation that this might have, I'm not planning to leave the Forums. I have thought of requesting this since, and because of, 607's rather sudden departure.)

This might be a bit controversial, but can we get an option where members can close their account if they wish to permanently leave Wario Forums, as well as an indication in posts made by them that informs other users that this account is no longer in use?

(And no, despite the connotation that this might have, I'm not planning to leave the Forums. I have thought of requesting this since, and because of, 607's rather sudden departure.)
On that subject, Pigmask's profile reminds me of one of those corpses kept in a sealed glass case. It's on display instead of buried in the ground, but at the end of the day the person is still unreachable.

Yeah, we all want some more activity. Not sure on the best way to get it though, where do the Wario fans who don't visit this forum already go?

I want to see the players's Nintendo videogames friend codes in the same side of forums threats user info. A subforum for WarioWare DIY could be cool but WarioWare DIY is not a famous videogame. A subforum for another countries players could be cool too.

Yeah, we all want some more activity. Not sure on the best way to get it though, where do the Wario fans who don't visit this forum already go?

Maybe we should launch some banner campaigns on websites that our target audience is likely to use. (Gaming Reinvented, Mario Wiki, DK Vine etc.)

Maybe we should launch some banner campaigns on websites that our target audience is likely to use. (Gaming Reinvented, Mario Wiki, DK Vine etc.)

Possibly. I did ask about adding Wario Forums as an affiliate on MFGG and they accepted, but couldn't do so because of the lack of a icon to link to it with it.

And getting a few banners up on Gaming Reinvented and Mario Wiki doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility. The former would be free, not sure about the latter.

I opened a topic and poll a few days ago, so far no one has posted.

maybe revisting the wario weekly idea could be worth considering? During the lead-up to Gold's release, you had this guy on our and the mariowiki discord who'd obsessively comb new screenhots for new microgames, and even after the launch of the game, you had all those interviews, character trailers, weird Japan-only promos, etc, that felt beneath most fan's notice because they wouldn't be the kind of things mainstream sites wouldn't report on. With a fansite, you could get additional SEO hits, use it to promote all sort of fan projects, have events, editorials and stuff to community build... etc

Obviously we're way past that now, and there's not much new Wario developments going on this year, but whenever the inevitable WarioWare Quick Switch gets revealed, my armchair ass sees an opportunity.

maybe revisting the wario weekly idea could be worth considering? During the lead-up to Gold's release, you had this guy on our and the mariowiki discord who'd obsessively comb new screenhots for new microgames, and even after the launch of the game, you had all those interviews, character trailers, weird Japan-only promos, etc, that felt beneath most fan's notice because they wouldn't be the kind of things mainstream sites wouldn't report on. With a fansite, you could get additional SEO hits, use it to promote all sort of fan projects, have events, editorials and stuff to community build... etc

Obviously we're way past that now, and there's not much new Wario developments going on this year, but whenever the inevitable WarioWare Quick Switch gets revealed, my armchair ass sees an opportunity.

Yeah, I've been considering the idea of launching Wario Weekly. Also partly wanted to see if I could actually code a proper CMS for it to show that I'm not just limited to WordPress or what not.

The only issue is really that of time for regular posting. Gaming Reinvented is also a time sink that I probably don't have the time for, and other projects use quite a bit of time too. Ideally I'd hope to find some other writers to help with Wario Weekly as well if I launched it again, since something like this really needs to be a multiple person project.

I opened a topic and poll a few days ago, so far no one has posted.

That's just because I didn't know what to post. My theory is that the giant Spearman just joined Wario's side. But I don't know why we see him in later games, though. I don't have headcanons about everything.

Back