So, where are Wario Land's locations meant to be anyway?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Because we see Wario enter each of them through a portal, right?

So, where exactly does that portal lead for each level? Are places like Palm Tree Paradise, Curious Factory, Crescent Moon Village and the Big Board in different dimensions? Different locations in Wario's own dimension, linked by the equivalent to warp pipes? Somehow inside the pyramid itself?

What do you think?

I personally assume the it's the warp pipe/same world theory. Makes sense, the designs and physics seem quite reasonable for somewhere in the Wario/Mario universe, and the portals could be said to act like the warp pipes in the Paper Mario games (which merely go to otherwise inaccessible places on the map).

But what do you think?

(You should add a 4 to the title to specify which game you mean)

I'd assume that all levels of the game are located in the same world/universe since they often share the same species of enemies and all have the same kind of bonus rooms.
Maybe each passage represents a "continent" of that universe? For example, the mystic lake is probably not too far away from monsoon jungle.

As to where the world is located? ... I think it's possible to assume that the place that princess Shokora ascends to at the end might be that world?
The golden Diva seems to come from the same place as Shokora. She probably made those vortexes to her world.

Ok, here's what i think:
Hall Of Hieroglyphs is eather in the same pyramid, or in some temple that's in the same world.
Golden Passage is deffinetly in the same pyramid.
Emerald Passage Levels are in the same world.
Ruby Passage Levels are in the same world, but Wario shrinks when he enters 40 Below Fridge and Pinball Zone. Eather that, or it's a parallel world that's bigger than Wario's world.
Topaz Passage - Deffinetly another dimention. Maby each level in it's own dimention, but maby it's all one Toy Land dimention.
Saphire... Well, levels 1, 3 and 4 are probably in this world, but Arabian Night is... Well, it's Arabia... But... Another dimention, i guess? But also, Saphire Passage has an Eternal Night thing doing on, so it could be another dimention where night lasts forever...
Nothing is clear... I think everybody would have their own opynion on this

Ok, here's what i think:
Hall Of Hieroglyphs is eather in the same pyramid, or in some temple that's in the same world.
Golden Passage is deffinetly in the same pyramid.
Emerald Passage Levels are in the same world.
Ruby Passage Levels are in the same world, but Wario shrinks when he enters 40 Below Fridge and Pinball Zone. Eather that, or it's a parallel world that's bigger than Wario's world.
Topaz Passage - Deffinetly another dimention. Maby each level in it's own dimention, but maby it's all one Toy Land dimention.
Saphire... Well, levels 1, 3 and 4 are probably in this world, but Arabian Night is... Well, it's Arabia... But... Another dimention, i guess? But also, Saphire Passage has an Eternal Night thing doing on, so it could be another dimention where night lasts forever...
Nothing is clear... I think everybody would have their own opynion on this

Yeah, your ideas make a fair amount of sense.

Personally though, I'd say that the Sapphire Passage probably is set in this 'world', cause it's hardly the only place in the Marioverse where night lasts forever. Just see any ghost house. Or Twilight Town:

Or Evershade Valley:

As for Topaz Passage... maybe it's in the same place the Toy Time Galaxy is? That's all toy based and stuff...

I think the consistent presence of warp pipes suggests that the games take place on Mario's world. But who knows, maybe Wario himself is an alternate dimension counterpart of Mario and his dimension also has a bunch of warp pipes, which is how he gets to Mario's dimension in the first place.

Back