The Capri Sea?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
The manual for Wario Land 1 says this is the name of the area Kitchen Island is found in. Is there any more information about this?

Where is it in relation to the Mushroom Kingdom?

And for that matter, did anyone wish there was an actual level or area set in the ocean around the island? Always felt disappointed that a place named in the manual wasn't actually visitable in game...

You mean like an actual underwater level for the ocean thing? I suppose the flooded rice Beach and SS Teacup whereabouts are kinda that.

All I can really comment on is that Gizmo thought I was a dumbass when I came to the realisation WL1 and 2 feature the same island. I'm grateful to have a friend as understanding and patient as she is.

WL1 and 2 feature the same island.
But... it's not the same island though.... It has a different shape...
overworld-2.png
935994-warioland2.jpg

But then why does it look different? Why is it not shaped like a skull?
The only thing that's really matching up is the location of the lake...
But Rice beach is not there, Mt. Teapot is gone, sherbert land is gone, Stove Canyon is gone, and the entire right side of the island got flattened...

But then why does it look different? Why is it not shaped like a skull?
The only thing that's really matching up is the location of the lake...
But Rice beach is not there, Mt. Teapot is gone, sherbert land is gone, Stove Canyon is gone, and the entire right side of the island got flattened...
Because we're alone in the world and God stopped talking to us.

I think the differences are just a design choice. After all, how many looks does the Mushroom Kingdom have? Oh wait:

MushroomKingdom.png

Every one of these maps shows the same location. Some are landlocked, some are in the middle of an ocean, some are distinct types of biome on different bits of land, landmarks appear and disappear every game.

Same thing happened to Kitchen Island in Wario Land II.

Yeah but the mushroom kingdom never had a destinct "shape". Maybe if it was first designed to look like a mushroom then they would've kept that theme but it's always been just a random piece of land. Kitchen island was distinctively skull-shaped. And of course, there was the kitchen theme.
I dunno, to me it would just be kinds dumb... especially since they never state that it's the same island.
My head-canon is that the place where Wario summoned the genie in Land 1 wasn't still on Kitchen Island but wherever Wario "lived" at that time. Which is that island, I guess.

Back