The dubbing thread

NacklesK

Putting the DZ back in Diamond Zity
Diamond City Insider
Dub differences ? Shared voice actors ? Translation differences ? Voice direction ? Fandubs ? Fan translations ? Maybe you just wanna show off some of your voice impressions ? Anything language or dub realated in the WarioWare series can be posted here !

Last edited:
If there is one thing I must say, is that in the Listen to the Doctor! mode in Move It!, the Latin American Spanish version beats out all the others by a long shot. Circe Luna is an incredible voice actor, and I love how the team decided to go with a super exaggerated, entertaining voice for the doctor's commands in that version of the game:

(16:55 - 22:51)

(22:10 - 28:50)

The Spain Spanish version is much more akin to the English and French versions... just a regular voice, and kind of more boring in my opinion.

Here is English for reference:

The little quirks with how the voice goes all over the place when most of the other versions don't shows me just how incredible of a job the team that worked on the dub did. Especially with how it actually expresses the action you need to do:

• "haz como si te doliera todo" (pretend like everything is hurting) is said with a strained voice
  • "pon cara de estar tramando una travesura" (put on a face like you're plotting a prank) is said with a silly tone
  • "haz como si tuvieras mucha prisa" (pretend like you're in a hurry) is said quickly
  • "haz cara de haber olido algo nauseabundo y asqueroso" (put on a face like you've smelled something nauseating and disgusting) is said in a weird manner
  • "finge que te estás quedando sin aliento" (pretend like you're out of breath) is said out of breath
  • "ríete a carcajadas" (laugh out loud) is said with a laughing tone
  • "bufa como si hubieras comido algo muy picante" (exhale as if you ate something very spicy) is said with a slight gasp near the end
  • "cacarea como una gallina" (cluck like a hen) is also said weirdly funnily
  • "castañea los dientes" (chatter your teeth) is said with a super funny stutter
  • "finge que lloras" (pretend like you're crying) is said in a sad tone
  • "haz como si tuvieras mucho frío" (pretend like you're cold) is said kind of shivering-like
  • "haz como si te enojaras" (pretend like you're angry) is said with an emphasis
  • "haz ruidos de zombi" (make zombie noises) is said in a spooky way
  • "haz como si el suelo fuera a sacudirse" (pretend like the ground is shaky) is said in a shaky tone
The voice is so expressive and exaggerated that I actually have recordings of the different lines on my Switch. It just completely blows all the other versions out of the water! I just love it way too much... especially because the voice in the English version is not as fitting and just sounds normal, I like this one 1000% more. It shows what a beautifully melodic language Spanish is.

The Japanese version is pretty good too: (24:05 - 30:47)

Last edited:
If there is one thing I must say, is that in the Listen to the Doctor! mode in Move It!, the Latin American Spanish version beats out all the others by a long shot. Circe Luna is an incredible voice actor, and I love how the team decided to go with a super exaggerated, entertaining voice for the doctor's commands in that version of the game:

(16:55 - 22:51)

(22:10 - 28:50)

The Spain Spanish version is much more akin to the English and French versions... just a regular voice, and kind of more boring in my opinion.

Here is English for reference:

The little quirks with how the voice goes all over the place when most of the other versions don't shows me just how incredible of a job the team that worked on the dub did. Especially with how it actually expresses the action you need to do:

• "haz como si te doliera todo" (pretend like everything is hurting) is said with a strained voice
  • "pon cara de estar tramando una travesura" (put on a face like you're plotting a prank) is said with a silly tone
  • "haz como si tuvieras mucha prisa" (pretend like you're in a hurry) is said quickly
  • "haz cara de haber olido algo nauseabundo y asqueroso" (put on a face like you've smelled something nauseating and disgusting) is said in a weird manner
  • "finge que te estás quedando sin aliento" (pretend like you're out of breath) is said out of breath
  • "ríete a carcajadas" (laugh out loud) is said with a laughing tone
  • "bufa como si hubieras comido algo muy picante" (exhale as if you ate something very spicy) is said with a slight gasp near the end
  • "cacarea como una gallina" (cluck like a hen) is also said weirdly funnily
  • "castañea los dientes" (chatter your teeth) is said with a super funny stutter
  • "finge que lloras" (pretend like you're crying) is said in a sad tone
  • "haz como si tuvieras mucho frío" (pretend like you're cold) is said kind of shivering-like
  • "haz como si te enojaras" (pretend like you're angry) is said with an emphasis
  • "haz ruidos de zombi" (make zombie noises) is said in a spooky way
  • "haz como si el suelo fuera a sacudirse" (pretend like the ground is shaky) is said in a shaky tone
The voice is so expressive and exaggerated that I actually have recordings of the different lines on my Switch. It just completely blows all the other versions out of the water! I just love it way too much... especially because the voice in the English version is not as fitting and just sounds normal, I like this one 1000% more. It shows what a beautifully melodic language Spanish is.

The Japanese version is pretty good too: (24:05 - 30:47)

Honestly I don't want to spoil myself the microgames in Move It because I'm planning on buying it but I'll definitely see the videos once I do play it.

Honestly I don't want to spoil myself the microgames in Move It because I'm planning on buying it but I'll definitely see the videos once I do play it.
Oh yeah, I totally get that. It is a fantastic game, especially if you have other people to play it with, highly recommend. I had to try my best to avoid spoilers before I got it.

Oh yeah, I totally get that. It is a fantastic game, especially if you have other people to play it with, highly recommend. I had to try my best to avoid spoilers before I got it.
Yeah ! I've heard it was multiplayer but do you have to have 2 pairs of Joy-Cons or just one to play with a friend?

Last edited:
Wario in WarioWare and Bowser in the Super Mario Bros. Cartoon were both voiced the same voice actor, Frédéric Souterelle in the French dub.

FS-Wario-Bowser.png

Back