The little things you have noticed in any of the Ware games

warelander

Some random guy online
I didn't get to play Twisted until last year and when I heard that 9-Volt's microgames were all based on NES games I initially found it lame to not have microgames based if games from other systems, but when I actually played the game I came to realise that it's actually a really clever transition from cutscene to gameplay, given that we start playing when the Volts start playing the NES, the general presentation of the stage helps too, given that we could very much be watching/playing what they are playing.

Have you ever found things in this series that were small, but actually really interesting and clever?

If G & W counts then something that i noticed is that some of the game icons in G & W kind of look like the M & L series logo.
latest

Lp1QWhL.jpg

Like Ski, or Kung Fu or Ashley (not pictured)

Or if that doesn't count it took me a couple of years to notice that Kat and Ana's name put together equal Katana...
Yes I know.

Game & wario has several cameos by characters from the microgames.

-The boy and the girl from Touched's Hookin' Up appear when you clear a puzzle in Patchwork.

-The sumo wrestler from DIY is in a microgame of Gamer (the one where you need to flick something off a record).

-The guy from Mona's boss game in the original is in a variant of the "Eye Exam" microgame in Gamer.

I dunno, I thought it was pretty neat.

In 9-Volt & 18-Volt's stage intro in Touched you can see Orbulon running across the screen. Apparently he's still running away from Ashley. Either that or he's trying to catch up to his spaceship.

Also, in the epilog you can see the same school zone dinosaur that was in the first game.

Well, there are actually some more details in that scene:

0:29: James T. and 9-Volt's mom in the crowd.
0:31: Dribble and Spitz's taxi on the road.
0:47: Orbulon and his Oinker. (And that street is the same street as seen in the intro)
1:18: Game appearently made by WarioWare, inc.
1:22: Sun from Warioware twisted.

Back