The making of Gold Digger

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
Kotaku just published an entretien with Goro Abe about the making of everyone's favourite nose-picking simulator. Yeah yeah I don,t like the site either but it's an interesting read!

Also, there's more of this stuff coming!

We’ll have more about WarioWare in the coming days, as Abe talks to us about the creative decisions behind the newest release in the series, this summer’sWarioWare Gold.

Huh? Very interesting interview.
Gold Digger is a bit of a random subject, but seeing as it's one of WarioWare's most iconic Mircogames, it makes sense.

I'm definitely interested to see what other stuff we get here. I'm especially curious if they're gonna talk about the voice acting or what not.

Last edited:
This is a.....very specific choice for an interview.

But also, satisfying! I never considered that the pinky wouldve been chosen because of difficulty.

E4EAA45D-EC06-433E-95EE-E91F16920C0A-3438-0000012E0CD789BA.png

Can I just say I love the fan art they made for the head image.

The article promised at the end is now out.

Cliff's notes:

-All of the microgames were reprogrammed and redrawn. Very little was directly reused.
-The developers wanted to insert more connections between the microgames.
-Goro Abe denies there was any deeper meaning to replacing the Virtual Boy in Gamer with a Wii U beside signalling it's a new version of the concept
-The lack of "toy"-like souvenirs like Twisted! and Touched! was because of end-of-development crunch and with how widespread gyros and touch screens now are, they didn't feel it was necessary. (Gee I wonder what "dedicated WarioWare forums" they're refering to...)
-Split Screen was something they wanted to do since the OG DS but it was too taxing on the hardware

Last edited:
Back