The WarioWare DIY 'forum' is hilarious...

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
It's apparently an in game pastiche of internet forums, complete with characters based on the type of users you encounter online. Pretty neat way to give tips:

http://www.mariowiki.com/D.I.Y._Forum#Topics

'T-shirts: Ok, so the game is always looking for all the triggers, right? Then it executes any action, then goes back to looking for triggers? That's kind of like my life...

a + b: Huh. Mine, too... Also, I think I understand AI way better now.

miniMAL: I'm sooooo bad at drawing! Why did I ever think I could be a comic artist?

andboom: Did you forget that the Comic MakerMatic has stamps? Who needs drawing ability with those around?

D.I.Why: Why DID you want to be a comic artist, miniMAL?

VROOM: Just heard a rumor that Jimmy T. and Mona of Diamond Software used to work at WarioWare, Inc.!

blobmob: for real? why'd they leave? was there a big fight? lol

D.I.Why: I heard Wario never did any work! I hear he's up to something now, though…

D.I.Why: I heard that almost all games now are made with the MakerMatic engine!

MeOWza: I think everything in D.I.Y. Shop is, yeah.

blobmob: crygor must be wearing a lab coat made of money lol

flour: Diamond Software makes THE best games! Especially Mona's stuff, for some reason. Her titles are always big fun for me!

Javier: The company president is a guy named Manager Joe.

Phonee: Wow! Leave it to Javier to have all the obscure trivia!

AAAaaah: A friend made this AWESOME game for my birthday where I get to pop a party popper! He's the best!

D.I.Why: Touching. I might cry.

T-shirts: Don't listen to D.I.Why. That's a good friend!

AAAaaah: I want to get into game making, but I just… can't. Why can't games just make themselves?!

VROOM: Dude, the whole point is to be creative—so create!

KAGE: or, y'know, import some diamond software games and change 'em around :)

T-shirts: Remember that the Game Blender keeps speeding things up. If you can't beat your game at the highest speed, adjust it.

KAGE: cue flame war about noobs needing to learn to play! popcorn, anyone? :p

John Sun: If you change instruments, be sure to play the phrase back so you hear what it really sounds like.

Phonee: Captain Obvious reporting for duty! BREAKING NEWS: water is wet! Film at 11!

foe-vine: In D.I.Y Showcase on the Wii, how many games can you send from the DS?

Smoth: 72!!!!!! HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!

123POP!: All aboard! You could use it as extra storage when your D.I.Y Shop fills up!

Yeah, it's brilliant. I was pretty surprised to see "Hype train" in a game released in 2010, lol.

Makes you wonder how it was like in the original Japanese script, though. Did they make fun of 2Chan posting patterns or whatever, or was it more dry and straightforward (as a lot of unlocalized Japanese scripts are, to my understanding)?

(also lol i created that mariowiki page)

Reactions: 607
Back