The worst Wario Land 4 level name

ChanceTime

Wario Fan Supreme
I'd put down to Fiery Cavern. It's just bollocks; There's no reference at all to the hot/cold turnabout after you hit the switch, both parts of the title are pretty bland words, and, as I believe is the worst part of it, the Flaming transformation isn't featured anywhere in the level. No fire is, really, it's all lava and rock, so the name is just flat-out wrong considering that fire in the game's context has it's own meaning (becoming Flaming Wario).

I'd say that a good way around this would've been instead to refer to the temperature, since the post-fold freezing is probably the most noteworthy in the game. Here's a few suggestions on behalf of me and people I've talked to about it: "Heat Crater", "Terra Thermos", "Magma Glacier", "Infernal Pit", even "Red Man's Pot", and I think they're all better than Fiery bloody Cavern.

Thoughts about it? Or maybe there's another level name you have a bone to pick with?

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't call it 'when hell freezes over', given the concept.

Seriously, that's likely where the concept came from. It also kind of explains why a lava level is in a horror themed world...

Yeah, I'm sure that the level is based on "Hell Freezes Over"
They can't call it that thought, because that's not a location name, it's a sentense
Plus, it was actually their goal to suprice the player with the freezing, ao they intentionally didn't put it in the level name

The japanese name of the level is

ほのおのどうくつ
Honō no Dōkutsu

Which means the same thing: Fiery Cavern.

I never really thought about are the level names good or bad. Fiery Cavern just seems like a cavern full of fire. And for some reason, the moment I enterred the level, it was just conpletly obvious that thia fire is bad and not transformation fire. I never realized until tofay how weird it is that the levep has fire that hirts you, which doesn't happen with the other kind of fire...

Still thought, no bad names for me.

I did aprove the name " 40 Below Bridge", because it means that the temperature in the fridge is -40, both -40C and -40F at the same time, so no matter which temperature system your country uses, you understand it

I always thought 40 below fridge meant the temperature was 40 degrees less than that of a fridge... Like extra cold storage.

True. Guess it's supposed to be a bit of a 'wham episode'. Like, 'why is this fire cave in the haunted world?'... *hits switch* 'Oh, it's hell and it just froze over'.

Why did nobody mention Doodle Woods? Seriously... Number of trees in Doodle Woods? Zero.

Doodle_Woods.png

The greenery at the bottom are presumably trees. That's where the 'woods' thing comes from.

You're right though, no trees in level foreground.

Back