Thoughts on yesterday's Nintendo Direct?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Kinda surprised no one's talking about it here on the forums, given all the hype around it. Either way, what were your thoughts?

Personally I had mixed feelings. On the one hand, the new Super Smash Bros Ultimate stuff was pretty good, and the reveal that SNES games were coming to Nintendo Switch Online was good too. Luigi's Mansion 3 looked even better than before as well.

At the same time though, it also kinda lacked a big announcement, at least for me. Xenoblade is nice and all, but a remake isn't as exciting as a new game would be there, and compared to stuff like Breath of the Wild 2, felt a bit underwhelming.

Still, what were your thoughts?

Tetris 99 update - COOL! I love Tetris 99, and the new stuff looks great!
SNES games - WOOHOO!
HOME RUN CONTEST IN SMESH BRUS ULTIMATE - YEAAAAH!
NEW KIRBY CLASH GAME - Loved the 3DS one, and online play with friends is a blast!

(Okay, I know that seemed overhype-y, but I really don't care about the rest of the stuff, but love all 'o this.)
But SNES games would have been a better 'one last thing' than Xenoblade Chronicles.

It was your typical Direct. People were really hyping this one for some reason. Guys, most Nintendo Directs are just okayish.

The way I determine if a Nintendo Direct's worth watching is by-and-large like "no wah, no tah" know what'msayin'

especially since nobody can ever shut the fuck up about the exciting bits of its contents afterwards, which saves me the trouble of sifting through the shit I really couldn't care less about.

So I'm guessing you found it a bit disappointing then? Since it's not exactly generated a ton of discussion compared to other Nintendo Directs.

I feel like Banjo being released for Smash and Sans as a costume in Smash are big enough news as it is. Just nobody wants to discuss it within this particular community.

Back