Unpopular Opinions for Everything Else

SurrealBrain

I like Amitie.
We have Wario ones, and General Video Game ones. Everything else is represented here.

EDIT: Also, if you post political opinions in this thread, if you want my advice, do it with extreme caution, if at all. As for religion, it's probably best we don't even get into that.

I shall start here.

1. I prefer Brian Michael Bendis' run (the 2013 series) on the Guardians of the Galaxy comics to Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's run (the 2008 series) so far. That's not to say I don't like Abnett and Lanning's run, in fact, I enjoyed what I read of it. I just seem to prefer Bendis' run. I put this here because many fans don't like the Bendis run, and like the Abnett and Lanning run much more. Of course, I'm a newer fan, so what do I know?

2. Howard the Duck needs a new movie. The seeds have already been planted. It just needs to grow.

That's all I can think of from the top of my head. Anything of yours?

Last edited:
*Thinks*

Should political opinions be posted here? Cause this could go downhill in a real hurry if so...

Either way:

Copyright should be gotten rid of now. Boost each country's economy by ignoring IP laws from all other countries.

The political beliefs of certain young people are getting disturbingly 'moral guardianish', and I worry that we're going to end up losing more freedoms because of offense obsessed hipsters and social justice fanatics than we are to overly religious conservatism. There's a great quote someone came up which goes something like 'those who would give up a little freedom for a little safety deserve neither', and I think it's 100% true of much of today's younger generation.

Peter Capaldi's run as the 12th Doctor has been the best Doctor Who series since at least 5, because the stories are better plotted and paced out than they were since Moffat first took over the show.

Social networks are one of the worst things that's happened to the internet.

Fan games and ROM hacks are generally better than fan fiction. Well, at least for video game franchises.

If you post political opinions in this thread, if you want my advice, do it with extreme caution, if at all. As for religion, it's probably best we don't even get into that here. I'll add that to the first post.

There are just too many things to think of, and since this topic is generic, it could indeed go downhill fast. So instead, I'll just say: sweetness is the best basic flavor.

I've seen topics with this exact subject go down pretty civilly in other forums, so I don't see too much harm.

However, it does have a chance of going downhill, so if this thread becomes a vocal warzone of people at each others' throats, I ask it be locked.

I think people who harass others for liking CoD are worse than the 6 year olds online they blame because of how hypocritical they are being in saying this (You're acting just as immature as them when you harass people over the internet). Also BTW if you don't like how CoD doesn't innovate, don't buy it.
I think since CoD makes more and more money with each installment it is in Activision's best interests to continue until they get a dip in sales. They won't risk it because people over the internet who aren't even their target demographic are complaining.
I'm not mad at people who like CoD or people who don't, just those who bash it constantly. It shows up as regularly in Youtube comments as Bronies and Atheism Vs Theism fights.
Rant over. :)

I think people who harass others for liking CoD are worse than the 6 year olds online they blame because of how hypocritical they are being in saying this (You're acting just as immature as them when you harass people over the internet). Also BTW if you don't like how CoD doesn't innovate, don't buy it.
I think since CoD makes more and more money with each installment it is in Activision's best interests to continue until they get a dip in sales. They won't risk it because people over the internet who aren't even their target demographic are complaining.
I'm not mad at people who like CoD or people who don't, just those who bash it constantly. It shows up as regularly in Youtube comments as Bronies and Atheism Vs Theism fights.
Rant over. :)

Yeah, the complaints about such games and those that like them are kind of pathetic. Especially since, like it or not... the Call of Duty games are actually pretty decent games in of themselves. To like them means nothing other than you like a decent FPS.

I could put a ton of stuff here...

This thread shouldn't exist because if it stays existing odds are I will poison your realities or at least try as hard as I can. If you can accept broken-ness I think "things" will have to be modded and I can start some talk about hate crimes and how your beliefs are all broken and you get enough of that from my on topic conversations on here anyways.

If all else fails Disney is always right. Disney is love. Disney is life. Don't shoot Bambi's mom. All lives matter. Death Note taught me that and that's a sign to me if I ever knew one.

Scientology is justified enough of a cause for me to support but listening to anyone else makes me question humanity.

Pleading the 5th should work regardless of country or multiverse.

Please ask for more.

I think that the Super Mario Bros. movie isn't really a bad film; It's just a bad Mario film. If it didn't have the Mario name tacked onto it, it would be a serviceable - albeit not great - sci-fi comedy. I enjoy it for what it is, even acknowledging that it does a terrible job of adapting the Mario license (and that it has plenty of other flaws as well). It's still a goofy, silly, fun movie, and I always have a good time when I watch it.

I'll dish out one more then: cars are useful, but an extremely boring subject of conversation.

Haha, I have to live with this everyday : p I know more about cars than Ive ever actually wanted to due to a friend who talks about cars every time we see each other : p

And I often hear "guitar music is dead", and though I actually do hate the current popular music generation were in, I am happy to hear this. But its for the wrong reason, I think the people who claim this do so because they have fallen away from good music to generic noisy party dance music that people seem to like nowadays : p But I hope that this holds true for the future, not the idea of guitars going away forever, because guitars are great : p But definitely go into an era where music is more than a loud guitar with flashy solos and a singer, where everyone else is just kinda hidden behind the sound. We have some good bands that can pull this off now, groups like Pinback and Mogwai and later Radiohead, who can make a great sound with every instrument the band uses.

Im not to big on many of the big food scares we have going on these days. I dont know a whole lot about gluten, but at work, every food item we sell says "gluten free", I was stocking pickles the other day, and the jars literally claimed the pickles were "gluten free". If people arent aware of this already, then I cant really take the gluten scare seriously in anyway.

I hate talking to anyone irl about videogames, I cant stand having to hear about how "Nintendo is obsolete" :/
Ive had a PS3 and a 360, and I honestly enjoyed my Wii far more than both of them combined : p

The past couple decades weren't really all they're cracked up to be.

I don't think Adele's new song is a "heart wrenching masterpiece", but her music has never appealed to me. Carpaccio::

I don't like pizza, or any Italian food. Not much of an opinion there, I just simply don't like them!

I prefer fall and winter over spring and summer.

I'd never tolerate half the stuff the Digimon Movie does in any other movie, but I still think it's a timeless classic. I can watch it over and over again without feeling bored (now I'm in the mood to watch it, lol). The only thing I don't like about the movie is the soundtrack - it makes me cringe! :rolleyes:

Velvet-y textures are nasty.

I love the Kardashians!! They're funny, and their show is surprisingly calming (as well as entertaining).

I do not like superhero movies, like any of them, I cant enjoy them. I didnt like the new Batman films, Thor, Spiderman, The Hulk, The Avengers, the XMen films, Transformers, I just thought they were all really dull. And I watched pretty much all of those, too : p

I like cartridges over disks for video games, theres something about a game cartridge that feels great : p And N64 cartridges are the best :3

I think 60s music is totally overrated : p And I do not like the Beatles at all : p

I do not like superhero movies, like any of them, I cant enjoy them. I didnt like the new Batman films, Thor, Spiderman, The Hulk, The Avengers, the XMen films, Transformers, I just thought they were all really dull. And I watched pretty much all of those, too : p

I like cartridges over disks for video games, theres something about a game cartridge that feels great : p And N64 cartridges are the best :3

I think 60s music is totally overrated : p And I do not like the Beatles at all : p
I agree with all of those.

Though, I will say I love movies / videos from the 30s/40s/50s/60s.

Though, I will say I love movies / videos from the 30s/40s/50s/60s.

Actually, Ive noticed that many films from the 60's often have no endings. Like, the films just kinda end at weird points in the film, and it leaves them feeling non-climactic : p I wish I had an example of this, but I cant really think of any 60s films I have watched recently :/

Oh, but I really like monster films from that era, well like that or even horror films, especially ones with actors like Vincent Price, those are always the best :3

Oh, I hate biscuits and gravy, and bacon. That may not sound like a big deal, though everyone I know irl seems to think thats impossible : p

And I think The Blair Witch project was the best horror film ever made : p

Now that you mention that, I totally get what you mean. I just think their accents, the pop culture / "comedy", and their ideas from that time period are fascinating, because they're so... foreign and different from what today's like. Even though I said the past few decades weren't what they were cracked up to be, it's still amazing to sit back and go, "Wow. People who grew up in the 50s/60s are the same people who created the iconic music and cartoons from the past few decades." Heck, even today I'm amazed that the people who grew up with said cartoons and music are the same people who made the internet what it is today.

Haha, I don't watch many horror movies, but any movies from that time period that required special fx are pretty cool. Which reminds me! I'm a James Bond fan, and I've always wanted to watch the really really old James Bond movies, but I never have anyone to watch them with!!

I don't like gravy either. Probably because gravy made me sick one time, before I realized I'm lactose intolerant. wariosm2;

Back