• It could be a neat side mode but I don't want a full game around VR

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • I like my Wario flat, thank you very much

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
When the VR Labo kit was announced a few days back, I saw many comments with the sentiment a WarioWare game would be great for the thing. Indeed, it fits with the series "tech demo" bent and I'm sure the team could think up a lot of fun scenarios for the format.

Another thing worth pointing out, though, is that series director Goro Abe is a big VR fan: he tweeted about upgrading his PC to use his HTC Vive and this was his Facebook profile photo for a chunk of 2011. So yeah, the fact the main person behind it appreciates the format and has experience using it could make an hypothetical VR installment something quite special.

But, VR Wario: yay or nay? And how do you think it work?

Cardboard + Fast Action Frenzies = Disaster

Labo already is incredibly flimsy and is prone to breaking even with small things, imagine trying to play Microgames like that.
I do think that we need another Wario World type game for the Switch or just another Wario Land: Shake It! but there really isn't any need for
another microgame collection, especially with how Warioware Gold feels like a "best hits" collection after the artist has died out.

The car driving games from Twisted and Smooth Moves are the first thing that come to mind.
Other microgames...? I don't know that they would necessarily fare all that well.

I dunno, the idea of it sounds fun but the fast paced nature of WarioWare might make it too fatiguing for VR.

Having a few characters/levels with that gimmick would be cool. But then that comes with the problem of how those levels in a mash-up mode would work. It'd be hell having to recognize a VR game and slap the thing on and then off again.
Oh hey, welcome back!

As for what you're saying, I'd imagine that the non-VR games would work like VB Wario Land did, where it's more or less exactly the same as the normal gaming experience, and the "VR" part really just amounts to you looking at 2 separate screens instead of one. You'd rely on the VR controllers' buttons 'n shit instead of the fact that you can move them around

Oh hey, welcome back!

Thanks! :gwatchkissy:

As for what you're saying, I'd imagine that the non-VR games would work like VB Wario Land did, where it's more or less exactly the same as the normal gaming experience, and the "VR" part really just amounts to you looking at 2 separate screens instead of one. You'd rely on the VR controllers' buttons 'n shit instead of the fact that you can move them around
Like you can play the entire game with or without VR?

All that stuff would make you sick... but the concept is cool, and maybe penny could have a reason to exist being the vr character.

It could center around wario getting penny to make a vr headset, and commissioning the usual residents of diamond city, and maybe some newcomers to make microgames and wackiness ensues.

Having played games like Job Simulator for VR in the past I would assume that a Wario Ware VR game could be really good. A lot of the microgames could translate into VR really well. I don't know if the Switch or LaboVR would be a great platform for a Wario Ware VR game but if a Indie developer made a VR microgame game for PC it would be really fun.

Back