[Wario Land 3] Why I always defeat Rudy first, get all treasures later

- That is simply how I always played the game as a kid

- Bladedlightning's LP of Wario Land 3 was the very first let's play I ever saw. The concept was completly mindblowing to me, and it's how I learned of this concept, and in general effected my internet interests.

- It allows me to use the Temple hints whenever I want to

- As mentioned in another thread, if you defeat Rudy before getting all the treasures, the levels that still have treasures in them are marked with red dots. If I were to do an LP of this game, I absolutly have to show this feature. Because tiny minute details like this matter to me.
When you pause the game, picking the retry option would make Mario lose a life. And picking the quit level option would make Mario lose a life, but only if you do it if you are playing the most recent level.

- During the ending, Wario is told, "so we give you all the treasures you have collected so far". That one little line really does it for me.
In every other playthrought, it just automaticly means "all 100 treasures". And to me, THAT is anticlimatic.
You may think that the final boss in the middle of the playthrough is anticlimatic, but that is not how I view things.
For me, I really want this line to actually have a meaning.
For it to really mean "the treasures you collected SO FAR", as in, you only get what you found.
And so, I finish the game with the treasures I have collected SO FAR, and then I go back to collect more treasures.

And after I collect all 100 treasures, the PERFECT screen apppears.
I actually never knew this, because of my play style. But it only appears after you BOTH collect 100 treasures, and defeat Rudy.
So, I get the Perfect screen after getting the last treasure, (which is the barrel jugling treasure in the East Crater), and then I am really satisfied, seeing the wonderful Perfect screen.

And then, I go and defeat Rudy again. This time, with all treasures. Sure, the ending doesn't change, but it's really satysfying to see Wario take the funn treasure bag with him.

So yeah. That is my playstyle, that is my personal view of tiny game details, and that's the way that makes more sense to me.

...there's the fact that sometimes, I like to pretend I'm playing a game blind. And just mess around, as if I don't know what I'm doing. Well, I probably wouldn't be able to get the treasures without the Temple's hints in that case. Unless a guide is used. But that's not the way I would play the game blind.

My last treasure I got in 3 was the Spades shield. I noticed when I'd gotten down to my last 3 that I was missing the Spade, so I made sure to get that one last, because it felt right.

Back